+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application - Refused other country Visa

Khushi0804

Jan 29, 2020
Hi Folks,

I got my ITA under CEC and i am ready submit my file but need help on Statutory questions. I was refused F1 visa (US Student visa) twice in India. I attended interviews in two different cities in India, (one in May and second in August) and in both my student visa was refused for unknown reason.

So, should i answer yes in below questions or no? please advise.

1. Has XXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has XXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Also, do i need to explain the same in LOE & fill any form?

Thank you
Khushi

@scylla Can you please help me out on this. Thank you in advance

Last edited:

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
If you have ever been refused a visa before then OBVIOUSLY the answer to the questions asking if you have ever been refused a visa... is YES.

There's no reason to attach an LOE for this. Just answer the question truthfully. If IRCC really want to follow up on the refusal, they can reach out to the necessary country authorities or request additional documents from you.

Khushi0804

Jan 29, 2020
If you have ever been refused a visa before then OBVIOUSLY the answer to the questions asking if you have ever been refused a visa... is YES.

There's no reason to attach an LOE for this. Just answer the question truthfully. If IRCC really want to follow up on the refusal, they can reach out to the necessary country authorities or request additional documents from you.

Thank you EscoBlades. It was a big help!

Jack D

Jan 30, 2020
Hello @Khushi0804 , Sorry for hijacking your thread!

@EscoBlades - Tagging you since I had a similar doubt and it Is really urgent. Looking forward to your guidance.

Invitation received: Mar 23, 2020
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): June 19, 2020

I need urgent assistance. I forgot to mention below two points in my already submitted EE PR application form,
1. My U.S. H-1B petition was not selected (rejected) in the lottery process by USCIS in Aug, 2018
2. My U.S. L-1B petition was denied by USCIS in Dec, 2018 (without me appearing for an interview at the US consulate). The reason provided was- your background did not meet the definition of specialized knowledge.

Do I need to mention these two points? if yes, how can I update my already submitted application and add these details now? Please guide.

Thanks,
Jack D

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello @Khushi0804 , Sorry for hijacking your thread!

@EscoBlades - Tagging you since I had a similar doubt and it Is really urgent. Looking forward to your guidance.

Invitation received: Mar 23, 2020
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): June 19, 2020

I need urgent assistance. I forgot to mention below two points in my already submitted EE PR application form,
1. My U.S. H-1B petition was not selected (rejected) in the lottery process by USCIS in Aug, 2018
2. My U.S. L-1B petition was denied by USCIS in Dec, 2018 (without me appearing for an interview at the US consulate). The reason provided was- your background did not meet the definition of specialized knowledge.

Do I need to mention these two points? if yes, how can I update my already submitted application and add these details now? Please guide.

Thanks,
Jack D
Raise a webform and explain that you inadvertently forgot to mention your visa refusals when submitting your application.

Unless those refusals were due to fraud or misrepresentation, they should have no effect on the decision of your PR application. The US has a number of immigration agreements and info sharing with Canada anyway, so your prior refusals will be shared at that stage of the process (security). Self disclosing will speed things along. If you have copies of the rejection/ refusal letters from the US, then attach them alongside your LOE and upload that via webform.

Reactions: Vinami

Jack D

Jan 30, 2020
Raise a webform and explain that you inadvertently forgot to mention your visa refusals when submitting your application.

Unless those refusals were due to fraud or misrepresentation, they should have no effect on the decision of your PR application. The US has a number of immigration agreements and info sharing with Canada anyway, so your prior refusals will be shared at that stage of the process (security). Self disclosing will speed things along. If you have copies of the rejection/ refusal letters from the US, then attach them alongside your LOE and upload that via webform.
Thank you so much for your quick response!

Can you please tell me how can I raise a webform? and when you say LOE, it is just a word document stating when and why petitions were refused. corrrect?
wouldn't I need to update the below question in the submitted application?

Has XXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Webform - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Yes, the LOE is just a Letter of Explanation. Simply a word doc to explain whatever it is you want to clarify with the officer that will be looking at your application. As you have already submitted your application, you can't change what you have already submitted, but you can use the webform for additional documents and/or information that you think will support your application.

Jack D

Jan 30, 2020
Webform - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Yes, the LOE is just a Letter of Explanation. Simply a word doc to explain whatever it is you want to clarify with the officer that will be looking at your application. As you have already submitted your application, you can't change what you have already submitted, but you can use the webform for additional documents and/or information that you think will support your application.
Thank you again for your quick response and genuine help! wish you good luck!