+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application question

malaksouissi

Mar 6, 2020
Hello guys,

I have a score of 509 with OLD IELTS (Exp Mid-Sept) and OLD TEF(Expiry Mid-August) (NOT EXPIRED YET).

Could I enter the pool, get ITA and apply in a very brief amount of time? I have all the documents ready.

Thanks in advance!
Malak

malaksouissi

Mar 6, 2020
Are you eligible for the CEC? If so, I don't see why you wouldn't enter the pool at this point.
thank you for your answer. Yes I am Eligible for CEC but I do not complete one year of experience until July 22nd. I don't want to risk applying at the moment.

My concern is entering + getting picked up + applying with scores about to expire?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
As far as I understand, once you accept an ITA your profile is locked in and the expiry dates on your test scores no longer matter. There will likely be draws on or about July 23 and August 6; with the tiebreaker rule you might make it if you enter the pool on July 22. plan to enter the pool on July 22.

Last edited:

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
If the current trend continues, there should be a draw on July 23rd/24th...I would try to be in the pool for that draw.

With a score of over 500, tie breaker rule is far from being applicable. You just need to get the ITA as soon as you complete the 1 year and you should be fine.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
If the current trend continues, there should be a draw on July 23rd/24th...I would try to be in the pool for that draw.

With a score of over 500, tie breaker rule is far from being applicable. You just need to get the ITA as soon as you complete the 1 year and you should be fine.
*facepalm* on my part

malaksouissi

Mar 6, 2020
As far as I understand, once you accept an ITA your profile is locked in and the expiry dates on your test scores no longer matter. There will likely be draws on or about July 23 and August 6; with the tiebreaker rule you might make it if you enter the pool on July 22. plan to enter the pool on July 22.

That "Locked in part" is the one I want to be 100% sure of.

malaksouissi

Mar 6, 2020

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm planning to do Extra TOEFL and TEF to be extra sure (you never know)