+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application mistake!

Channel14

Feb 27, 2018
Hi

I received an ITA for CEC on October 4th 2017. I put in my application November 11 and received AOR on November 12. I have been waiting/checking my account since then and today received something I really wasn't expecting, an invitation to an interview.

Ive been going over my application with a fine tooth comb, trying to identify what the hitch might be..
I think I've made a big mistake. When I accepted the ITA on October 4th, I didn't have 52 weeks work experience in Canada until October 31st. This would mean I wasn't eligible for CEC.
I didn't realise I would get an invite if I wasn't eligible. But I see from other threads it only goes by mm/yy

I don't know what to do now. Should I withdraw my application, explain my mistake, and create a new EE profile asap? My current open work permit runs out on March 27 2018.
This would mean that my application for a bridging visa would be rejected too.

Shit. Really messed this up. Doe anyone have any suggestions?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was it explicitly stated that this is the reason for calling you to the interview?

IRCC does select people at random to attend an interview.

Channel14

Feb 27, 2018
Was it explicitly stated that this is the reason for calling you to the interview?

IRCC does select people at random to attend an interview.
it wasn't. there was no reason stated but the documents they are asking for are all to do with my work experience

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well we've seen applicants do exactly what you did and received their PPR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Anyways:

"
Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

• the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

Note: At time of APR, PNP Express Entry applicants must demonstrate they meet the PNP program requirements and, for A11.2 assessment, that they meet the program requirements of one federal immigration program (FSWP or CEC or FSTP).

"

Channel14

Feb 27, 2018
Well we've seen applicants do exactly what you did and received their PPR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Anyways:

"
Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

• the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

Note: At time of APR, PNP Express Entry applicants must demonstrate they meet the PNP program requirements and, for A11.2 assessment, that they meet the program requirements of one federal immigration program (FSWP or CEC or FSTP).

"
I wish I had my GCMS notes so I could see if its a failure to meet A11.2, but the interview is scheduled for 3 weeks time, everywhere I looked said they took 30 days to come through.
I'm afraid if I wait until the interview I might run out of time to reapply or I might be accused of misrepresentation

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
You have my sympathy. I was in a similar situation but had not submitted a PR application when I realised the error I had made in assessing the contribution made from part time work. I declined my ITA and was able to get another ITA and submit PR and BOWP in less than a month.

I am uncertain how you would cancel your current submitted application.

If you leave it and then get rejected after your interview on failure to meet MEC the oportunity for a BOWP will probably be gone as you need a valid permit to apply for that. If you withdraw now there is an outside chance you will get another ITA and be able to resubmit for PR and submit a BOWP before your work permit expires and if you don't get another ITA in time you will be no worse off than having had a rejection.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
My work permit & TRV run out March 27th, what would others do in this situation?
On the one hand, there's the hassle and expense of withdrawing/re-applying, with no guarantees. But there is a good chance you would get a new ITA, and have enough time to submit a new eAPR and a new BOWP application, allowing you to remain in Canada as a worker.

On the other - even if it is a random interview, there is a high probability of your error being discovered, and (officially) VOs have no choice but to refuse the application. Then you would most likely not have enough time to re-apply for the BOWP.

So - how important is it to you to be able to keep working in Canada while you wait for your PR application to process?

Channel14

Feb 27, 2018
On the one hand, there's the hassle and expense of withdrawing/re-applying, with no guarantees. But there is a good chance you would get a new ITA, and have enough time to submit a new eAPR and a new BOWP application, allowing you to remain in Canada as a worker.

On the other - even if it is a random interview, there is a high probability of your error being discovered, and (officially) VOs have no choice but to refuse the application. Then you would most likely not have enough time to re-apply for the BOWP.

So - how important is it to you to be able to keep working in Canada while you wait for your PR application to process?
How would I withdraw my application? If they accept the withdrawal, do you know how long it takes before I can open a new EE profile & re apply?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
How would I withdraw my application? If they accept the withdrawal, do you know how long it takes before I can open a new EE profile & re apply?
I believe you would submit your request via webform -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

If you have already paid the RPRF, you can request that that be refunded.

You can also request a withdrawal of your BOWP application.

I do not know how long it would take, if they would send you any confirmation, or if it will show up in your online account. But I suspect that you could re-submit your profile right away.

I have given you my best opinion. But you might want to sleep on it or seek a professional opinion before you act.

Last edited:

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
@jes_ON could the OP setup another EE profile now to get an a new ITA while the current eAPR is being withdrawn.. and then wait to submit the new one until the old one is confirmed as withdrawn? Or will there be issues making a new EE profile under the same stream with the current eAPR in progress? It could really speed up the re-submission if he can do that, right..?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON could the OP setup another EE profile now to get an a new ITA while the current eAPR is being withdrawn.. and then wait to submit the new one until the old one is confirmed as withdrawn? Or will there be issues making a new EE profile under the same stream with the current eAPR in progress? It could really speed up the re-submission if he can do that, right..?
I don't know - can try and find out. But given the unique identifier, it is possible that a new profile will be blocked.

Reactions: fireal.jon

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Only one profile allowed u.nfortunately
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=6

Nickann2017

Aug 1, 2017
Hi you would have met the criteria when you submitted your eAPR on November 12 if your 52 weeks was October 31. No need to panic. Note the word "or"
I received my ITA in May 2017 and waited until June 30 to submit my eAPR a day after l met the criteria. My PR was approved.
No need to worry if that is your only error you will still be approved for that case.
What you need to do is to have all ypur documents in order and go do the interview with confidence. It may just work in your favor.
Every blessing

Nickann2017

Aug 1, 2017
Hi you would have met the criteria when you submitted your eAPR on November 12 if your 52 weeks was October 31. No need to panic. Note the word "or"
I received my ITA in May 2017 and waited until June 30 to submit my eAPR a day after l met the criteria. My PR was approved.
No need to worry if that is your only error you will still be approved for that case.
What you need to do is to have all ypur documents in order and go do the interview with confidence. It may just work in your favor.
Every blessing