+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application - LMIA supporting PR

bpraj

Aug 1, 2021
Hi all,
I applied for the EE and got the CEC class approved. I submitted my profile since Jan & waiting for next steps.
I found that since my total points are lower If i can get a LMIA supporting PR application then another 50 points could be gained.
My employer is not amenable to doing the standard LMIA which has a hefty fee but is ok to support me for my PR. So, i researched and understood that there is an option to apply for LMIA supporting a PR application that is no cost but there are no details on where to and how to apply online and CIC portal is as expected - confusing.

Has anyone done this? Can you please guide me how to go about securing the LMIA supporting PR applicant?
Thanks much

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
I applied for the EE and got the CEC class approved. I submitted my profile since Jan & waiting for next steps.
I found that since my total points are lower If i can get a LMIA supporting PR application then another 50 points could be gained.
My employer is not amenable to doing the standard LMIA which has a hefty fee but is ok to support me for my PR. So, i researched and understood that there is an option to apply for LMIA supporting a PR application that is no cost but there are no details on where to and how to apply online and CIC portal is as expected - confusing.

Has anyone done this? Can you please guide me how to go about securing the LMIA supporting PR applicant?
Thanks much
Your employer files for a LMIA to support your PR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/permanent/apply.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you.. i'm going thru the link now
QQ: would the employer have to pay upfront to apply, any other criterias they need to qualify here.. i ask cause i want to promote them to support me
Yes they have to pay $1k and fill out all documentation proving no Canadian or PR could be hired. Assume they have posted the job to Job Bank, Indeed and locally. The wage must meet regional median through Job Bank.Everything is in the link.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you.. i'm going thru the link now
QQ: would the employer have to pay upfront to apply, any other criterias they need to qualify here.. i ask cause i want to promote them to support me
Also just to add that the $1k is non refundable so if LMIA is refused, no refund.