+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC application, job loss and EI

Oleevia

Jul 30, 2020
Hi all,
I need urgent reply please.
I applied for Pr through CEC February 1st and it is a 6 months process but unfortunately it’s been 11 months now and I still haven’t gotten a decision. Last month I lost my job and now I’m on EI, I’m wondering if it’s going to affect my application. The last time I called IRCC call centre, they told me I passed my eligibility requirement and background check. The only thing left in my application is security check and after that I will get a decision. They assured me the delay is because of the coronavirus pandemic and they have limited officers working on application.
Now that I’m on EI and I have passed my eligibility and I have more than the minimum work experience required, will it be okay for my application decision making? I did not inform IRCC that I lost my job because I felt it wasn’t necessary because I have passed all the stages except security.
What do you all think please?

Bang86

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hi, the way I see it, as long as you are still above the points threshold, there shouldn't be an issue.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi all,
I applied for Pr through CEC February 1st and it is a 6 months process but unfortunately it’s been 11 months now and I still haven’t gotten a decision. Last month I lost my job and now I’m on EI, I’m wondering if it’s going to affect my application. The last time I called IRCC call centre, they told me I passed my eligibility requirement and background check. The only thing left in my application is security check and after that I will get a decision. They assured me the delay is because of the coronavirus pandemic and they have limited officers working on application.
Now that I’m on EI and I have passed my eligibility and I have more than the minimum work experience required, will it be okay for my application decision making? I did not inform IRCC that I lost my job because I felt it wasn’t necessary because I have passed all the stages except security.
You just need a minimum of 1 year experience in a NOC 0,A or B occupation. Some applicants travel out of the country after filing their applications and wait for a decision to me made before they return.

@legalfalcon can you please provide your expert opinion.

wuyitongXX

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
If you don't claim points for "valid job offer" (LMIA or closed work permit), it won't affect your application as long as your employment history lasts at least 1 year.

Reactions: Ossym

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi all,
Your EE application is based on past-events.

What ever you decide to do or happens once you've applied is mostly irrelevant.

One exception could be if your claimed 50 points for arranged employment with the same employer you were working for. If this is not the case, then you have nothing to worry about. Chill.