+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICATION..IN PROGRESS, NO STATUS, IN CANADA

lionsroar

Jun 15, 2015
HI THERE ,
MY CEC APPLICATION WAS RECEIVED BY CIC ON JULY 2014. APPARENTLY CIC DENIED MY WORK PERMET EXTENSION DUE TO SOME CONFUSION. I RAN OUT OF STATUS RECENTLY A WEEK AGO. I AM WAITING ON MEDICAL REQUEST FOR MY CEC APPLICATION....

SHOULD I STAY AND WAIT FOR MY APPLICATION DECISION OR GO BACK TO MY NATIVE COUNTRY. ALREADY OVERSTAYED MORE THEN A WEEK.

PLEASE ADVICE !!

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
lionsroar said:
HI THERE ,
MY CEC APPLICATION WAS RECEIVED BY CIC ON JULY 2014. APPARENTLY CIC DENIED MY WORK PERMET EXTENSION DUE TO SOME CONFUSION. I RAN OUT OF STATUS RECENTLY A WEEK AGO. I AM WAITING ON MEDICAL REQUEST FOR MY CEC APPLICATION....

SHOULD I STAY AND WAIT FOR MY APPLICATION DECISION OR GO BACK TO MY NATIVE COUNTRY. ALREADY OVERSTAYED MORE THEN A WEEK.

PLEASE ADVICE !!
If you believe that CIC made an error while processing your WP application you can always appeal against it by calling CIC at 1888-242-2100 and also raising a case specific enquiry through CIC website.

Generally you are allowed 90 days to apply for restoration once your WP application is refused. You have the option of applying for restoration and changing your status to visitor but that won't allow you to work.

You can also go back to your country and wait for the medical request and processing of your application. You would need to update the CIC with your new address.

Also apply for GCMS notes to know the status of your PR application.

Would you mind elaborating why your WP application was refused?

lionsroar

Jun 15, 2015
Thanks for the reply astasi....really appreciate your precious time....

So i will try to explain my situation, as its really messed up as far as my well-wishers see to it....below are details of my situation...
Cec application received by CiC 28 july 2014...police clearance and finger printing done.
My post grad WP expired 8 aug 2014....got applied BOWP 7 august 2014. ...by paper mail......

here starts the problem.....
September 24 2014.. got some other applicants refusal letter for Bowp...outside envelope had my info but the letter had different applicants name and info inside it. I called CIC and they said they will get back to me with the situtaion details,...i was still working on implied status as i had no verbal or official confirmation by cic that my wp is refused...

december 22...got apology letter from cic for the mistake they made ...
december 23 got refusal letter explaining LIMIA needed for Bowp...

Also,
got approved for for MpNp on october 31 2014...and i applied second work permit with restoration on dec 03 as back up since i had no desicion from bowp...

March 2014 cic asked employment records to be submitted by 25 march...letter needed to describe my duties title wages and if any leave. I explained all and for leave i mentioned no leave from my side except 2 week vacation in a year.(I got confused that they meant any vacation by word leave) i stopped working on december 23 when i got to know abt my BOwp Status officially .but i never mentined any dates in this letter of employment record.

march 26 PnP WP refused saying unauthorized work and leave canada...
I applied for reconsideration AND SEEKED MP S HELP...MAY 16 2015 ...BUT THEY REMAINED ON THEIR INTITIAL STATUS.
I HAVE BEEN IN CANADA FOR 7 YEARS ALMOST ....AND HAD BEEN WORKING UNDER O CATEGORY NOC CODE.MY EMPLOYER NEEDS ME BACK TO WORK BADLY AS THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO FIND SUITABLE CANDIDATE TO SUBSTITUTE ME YET AND STILL ASKING ME TO COME BACK ....THEY ARE READY TO HELP ME THROUGH THIS AS WELL...

I DIDNT ACTUALLY GET ANY OFFICIAL RESTORATION TIME TO PACK MY BAGS AND CLOSE MY FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS OR TRY SOMETHING ELSE AS I WAS WAITING ON RECONSIDERATION...IN A WAY I HAD ENOUGH TIME TO DO SO BUT BEING MY CEC DUE IN JULY 2015 I WAS REALLY NOT PREPARED TO LEAVE ....STILL DONT HAVE ANY OPTION TO GO BACK DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS,...AS WELL MY NATIVE COUNTRY PASSPORT EXPIRING IN OCTOBER AND I WAS WAITING ON MEDICALS AND EXPECTED MEDICALS AROUND MARCH APRIL AND I THOT I WOULD SENT FOR REISSUE AFTER I GET MY WP OR MEDICALS DONE BUT REALITY CAME OUT REALLY WEIRD....

SO NOW I CANT EVEN GET MY PASSPORT REISSUE WITHOUT STATUS...

I AM THINKING ABOUT APPLYING FOR VISITOR VISA EXPLAINING ALL SITUATION....AND REQUESTING THEM TO LET ME BE HERE AS I AM ALSO INTERESTED IN UPGRADING MY EDUCATION AND I NEED SOME TIME FOR GETTING BACK TO STUDIES...OR IF NOT I CAN GET 30 DAY VISA TO WRAP MY BUSINESS IN CANADA...

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE REALLY APRECIATED....!!

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
I am unable to determine from your reply that did you or did you not receive the AOR for your CEC application as you haven't mentioned it anywhere.

Most of the July 2014 CEC applicants including myself received the AOR by October 2014 and your application was refused in December 2014.

Am I missing something here? Again if you think that CIC errored in refusing your application you can appeal against it and if you can afford you can even take legal recourse.

As for working without proper authorization did you intentionally leave the employment dates blank or was it an oversight?

Technically if you had 2 WP applications in progress you would be on impied status till you get the outcome of both the applications, so even if your Bowp application was refused you had another WP application under PNP waiting to be approved/refused and if you continued working on implied status in my opinion you didn't break any law.

We're you anytime during this process guided by an immigration consultant or a lawyer because if you had one I am sure he must one of the worst that one could have the bad luck of hiring.

lionsroar

Jun 15, 2015
Yes they counted 90 days of restoration from december 23 when i got official letter of refusal and its oversight that i didnt mention date when i stopped working i assumed they will consider i am of ofcourse working after i have been asked to stop working ... i wasted restoration period since i was waiting for my second pnp wp application desicion and was hoping 100% of approval since it was exempted from LIMIA ( reason for first wp refusal) ... but i got second refusal asking to leaving immediately...

aswell my law firm have really bad reviews and i have been really frustrated by their services .. my case was transferred to 3 different lawyers and most of them have left working at same firm .. i am not even sure if they did file everythng correctly.. they failed to answer my calls and emails and never suggested any thing in time of need.. i even had to spend alot separately for consultancy from many other lawyers... my hired cec lawyer jus asked me to leave canada asap and they never gave me single solution to any of these situation mentioned above... one good lawyer suggested me to appeal in federal court bt that involves alot of finance expenditure and risk of permanent deporatation incase i failed to explain my side to be genuine.
as well i got my aor for cec in october and currently its in processing and undergoing back ground checks..

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
If you got AOR in October then why did CIC rejected your Bowp application in December? You certainly can appeal against this decision.

Secondly as I said earlier if you had 2 work permit applications in progress you would have implied status till a decision is made on both the applications. Even if you continued working after December in my opinion it is not against the law.

Although you have more experience with lawyers then I do its not too expensive to hire a lawyer to represent you. Did you receive a removal order from CIC?

lionsroar

Jun 15, 2015
i feel that with two wp applications cic hot really confused and on top they sent me someones else letter ... things got really messed up for them ... um thinking about not touching wp issue at all .. but instead try visitor visa or study permit eventually and if i get back in status .. i would be carefree for my cec application in regards to rejection due to no status... wd someone suggest me to applying visitor visa as returning student .. because cec is almost due in few months and right now my biggest enemy is no status...

lionsroar

Jun 15, 2015
yes if thats the case that restoration starts after decision of second wp which was march 26 and its reconsideration result on may 16 ... i shd still have time to apply a study or visitor visa bt all lawyers say i cant apply anythng since um out of status.. also you said that i can still work too since i had second one in progress too from pnp.. then i wouldnt have neglected or broken any law ..

Also yes the aor for cec was received in october .. but my lawyer informed me that since i applied cec on 28 july... and my wp expired on 8 august and they applied bowp on 7 august but didnt attach aknowledgement confirmation. lawyers said they updated cic later in october and they already explained abt this at time of my bowp application.. they say this shouldnt have effected my bowp.. but i hot refusal for no LIMIA and my job title is restaurant manager.

also a close friend of mine had pnp federal application in progress .. his medicals done and his pnp wp was refused with same reason as mine but he jus sat in canada out of status for 6 months . he got it his pr last week even tho he was out of status

aswell, i read a post from frustrated99 dated august 2012 with exact same situation .. is there any way i can contact them ... sorry i am new to forum..

lionsroar

Jun 15, 2015
no removal order yet bt i am so scared and i dunt understand why they want me to go back interuppting my house and car leases etc when im well established and got pnp approved for same reason .. in a way i shd leave my stable life ...i got to this stage of my life by taking so many steps.. now i sell everythng leave work go back and come back in a month when i pr.. this is why the bowp was introduced and they sent me apology letter that means they did somethng wrong ... atleast they shd verify everythng and gv some credit to my life even tho i am temporary immigrant but i lived in canada for 8 years .. no criminal record ever no health issues

lionsroar

Jun 15, 2015
please any suggestions anyone can think of wd be very much appreciated as i already spent all my savings to lawyers with no luck...

ozmatwork

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Hi,

I know someone in Edmonton who can advise you on what to do, she is an immigration consultant. I was also confused on my application but when I asked for advise she was able to help me out. Inbox me if you are interested on to contact her.

Regards,
ozmatwork