09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Hi All,

I've been working in Montreal since August last year, after completing my undergrad degree in Calgary. I'm close to completing an year of eligible work experience. However, I am aware that applying from within Quebec might not be the best idea, because then the 'intent to reside outside Quebec' looks dubious.

I do intend to leave Quebec eventually, but not before I get a job somewhere else. So should I do the following?

- resign from my job at the end of 1 year experience
- apply for pr
- continue to physically reside in Montreal until I get a job offer from somewhere else

What do you guys think? Comments, suggestions? =)

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
whether you are lie or not they can eventually find out through many different sources..

other than that.. prob best to have 13 months of experience to be on a safer side.

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Hari_Prasad said:
So basically you like to lie about your residency situation in order to get PR. Which is a criminal offense.They must reject you and deport you right now because your intention is bad.
Admin, please email this guys ip address along with the post to Canada immigration and rcmp, they will take care the rest
Chill bro, nobody likes snitches and informants, one day you might be in similar position, just say that it is not appropriate in your opinion to do so, don't frighten the poor guy...

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Hari_Prasad said:
I am sorry man about my comment. I tried to scare you. No worries. I am here in Canada long time. Study at school and working hard to make life. Haven't done anything illegal. Some of the people from my village, where my parents live, in Canada for long time. They all claim refugee in Canada and got pr , citizenship and do so many illegal business like human trafficking, tax violations , etc. Everyday once in a while they call my dad that how rich they are and how poor I am. When they used to live back home , their family was bad in education. I was good at education. They end up selling their property to show money in bank and got visitor visa and came here. Now they try to prove how respected they are by using there money. Nobody respect them here in Canada but back home nobody knows what they do here. My parents call me everyday and compare with them and try to say they are bad at education but they are having better life than me. It's a slow poison , slowly slowly my mind turn against them with full of anger. When ever I see some people using illegal route to stay here and work with cash, have no life rather than working and making money, that makes me angry. I apologize . Some people might say its jealousy, May be I am jealous, May be I am not generous, but I am honest .
Haha you did scare me quite a bit, even though I didn't have the slightest intention of lying.

I am aware some people choose the illegal path to immigrate, mostly applicants living outside Canada. It's only a matter of time before they get caught and stripped off pr/citizenship.

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Hi Zareef,

You can very well apply for CEC and you will get the AOR as well. When your application is put IN PROGRESS, the VO will ask you proofs to show your intention to reside outside Quebec within 60 days.

To prove some of the options are:

1. If your employer has another office outside Quebec, you can ask them to transfer you there (as i assume you have a Open WP) or their intention to transfer you outside qc once you get PR.

2. You can otherwise show the VO, signed copies of lease and your proofs for trying to find a job outside qc etc.

In either way a CEC applicant will not be able to reside in QC after PR, as the province will not issue a health care card without a CSQ.

I am from Montreal as well, have my AOR and we have a thread here for applicants from QC.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anyone-from-montrealquebec-for-cec-join-here-t203590.0.html

MuggleOnline

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi! I was just wondering if anyone recently has applied through the normal EE pool while living in Quebec? I am a bit worried about proving intent to leave Quebec without a job offer from somewhere else in Canada. We have been trying, but no luck on finding jobs so far