+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application after ITA

anu_04

Dec 14, 2019
Hi. I am applying under CEC Canadian experience class program. After receiving ITA I m not sure about the few details. Kindly answer, if you know any of these. I hope this will help other people facing the same issue.
  1. a) For Education (diplomas/degrees) - ECA of graduation from back home is enough?
b) For Education Transcripts - Canadian 2 year education transcripts are enough?
(I did 1+1 graduate certificates of which I have transcripts but don’t have degrees
that were awarded separately on graduation ceremonies because I attended neither of them).
Do I need to ask my college to send them to me?
  • I have one year of work experience from the home country from 2014-2015 and it is not possible to retrieve 5-year-old pay stubs. Though, I have scanned copies of my offer letter and experience letter mentioning the total period of work, no. of hours per week, title, monthly salary and job duties.
- Is that okay?
  • I updated my Canadian home address in Scotiabank and while filing my taxes in 2018 for the year 2017. However, due to some misunderstanding Scotiabank updated my address in their system but not on electronic statements, it took effect in May 2019 this year. Such that my T4 has my final address from 2017 and Scotiabank statements have address from May 2019 only. Scotiabank was sorry about this but said they cannot do anything. However, I know that I don't need to show proof of funds under CEC i.e. which is statements. I know there isn't any requirementS either for Canadian residence address proof (health card, driving license, etc) - but I am still wondering if this is going to clash anywhere?
  • In personal history: personal activities section: a) I need to mention the last 10 years of activities with dates & without any gaps. After studies in Canada, I had a trip back home from march 2018 to June 2018. During this period what should be the residence? - It should be a Canadian address or back home address where I visited?
b) and after returning to Canada and while on a legal work permit in Canada, I was unemployed for 4 months and had my bread & butter with some freelance work. Is freelance work taxable? I didn’t pay any taxes for that. I m wondering should I mention 4 months' of the “Unemployed” time? but then I am wondering if they are going to think about how this person was paying his expenses. Kindly, answer.

• Proof of relationship with sibling: a) My sibling is 40 years old & doesn’t have a birth certificate and I am not married so only a common piece of id to define our relationship is passport which states the name of parents at the end page. - Is the passport okay?
b) CIC is asking for four documents: I have a utility bill, passport & PR Card. - Is that good enough?
  • a. Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling - PR CARD?
  • b. Proof of residency in Canada of sibling - UTILITY BILL(HYDRO)?
  • c. Proof of sibling relationship - PASSPORT?
  • d Family Member Proof of Status - PR CARD?
Any help would be much appreciated.

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi. I am applying under CEC Canadian experience class program. After receiving ITA I m not sure about the few details. Kindly answer, if you know any of these. I hope this will help other people facing the same issue.
  1. a) For Education (diplomas/degrees) - ECA of graduation from back home is enough? Yes
b) For Education Transcripts - Canadian 2 year education transcripts are enough?
(I did 1+1 graduate certificates of which I have transcripts but don’t have degrees
that were awarded separately on graduation ceremonies because I attended neither of them).
Do I need to ask my college to send them to me? - transcripts are enough
  • I have one year of work experience from the home country from 2014-2015 and it is not possible to retrieve 5-year-old pay stubs. Though, I have scanned copies of my offer letter and experience letter mentioning the total period of work, no. of hours per week, title, monthly salary and job duties. - That experience letter should work.
- Is that okay?
  • I updated my Canadian home address in Scotiabank and while filing my taxes in 2018 for the year 2017. However, due to some misunderstanding Scotiabank updated my address in their system but not on electronic statements, it took effect in May 2019 this year. Such that my T4 has my final address from 2017 and Scotiabank statements have address from May 2019 only. Scotiabank was sorry about this but said they cannot do anything. However, I know that I don't need to show proof of funds under CEC i.e. which is statements. I know there isn't any requirementS either for Canadian residence address proof (health card, driving license, etc) - but I am still wondering if this is going to clash anywhere? - Address doesnt matter.
  • In personal history: personal activities section: a) I need to mention the last 10 years of activities with dates & without any gaps. After studies in Canada, I had a trip back home from march 2018 to June 2018. During this period what should be the residence? - It should be a Canadian address or back home address where I visited? - back home address where you visited.
b) and after returning to Canada and while on a legal work permit in Canada, I was unemployed for 4 months and had my bread & butter with some freelance work. Is freelance work taxable? I didn’t pay any taxes for that. I m wondering should I mention 4 months' of the “Unemployed” time? but then I am wondering if they are going to think about how this person was paying his expenses. Kindly, answer. - I'd mention unemployed. But the forums pros can give more clarification on this one

• Proof of relationship with sibling: a) My sibling is 40 years old & doesn’t have a birth certificate and I am not married so only a common piece of id to define our relationship is passport which states the name of parents at the end page. - Is the passport okay? - this is a bit complicated. Do you have documents from back home to prove that you are siblings, something that is issued by government. You will have to provide a lot of documents to prove this relation. Forum pros may be able to answer this one better.
b) CIC is asking for four documents: I have a utility bill, passport & PR Card. - Is that good enough?
  • a. Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling - PR CARD? - yes
  • b. Proof of residency in Canada of sibling - UTILITY BILL(HYDRO)? - yes
  • c. Proof of sibling relationship - PASSPORT? - read above
  • d Family Member Proof of Status - PR CARD? - i suppose
Any help would be much appreciated.

Reactions: anu_04