+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

nathanSG

Oct 14, 2019
After 2nd GU, I called IRCC, which was last week and an agent told me that everything passed but security had not started. I am not expecting portal email soon :( Maybe your second GU was meaning everything passed and waiting for the final decision
I just called IRCC, Agent told me that its in the second part of security check and everything else has been completed.

Reactions: WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
I just called IRCC, Agent told me that its in the second part of security check and everything else has been completed.
What does the second part of security mean? how many parts that process have? wow, I didnt know that

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Background check comprises of 3 parts - 1) Criminality 2) Info sharing and 3) Security
In my case Eligibility passed, Criminality passed, Info sharing completed and Security not started. This was the status on May-25. Nothing changed there after. When I called the IRCC agent last week, he shared the same status. He said he cannot say when Security will start and how many days it will take to complete. No GU as well. Wondering when things will improve further.

• Sad
Reactions: NILA33

Rangada

Aug 5, 2021
How to add our past personal activity in form of healthcare worker PR pathway, if all 5 columns are already completed

NILA33

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
In my case Eligibility passed, Criminality passed, Info sharing completed and Security not started. This was the status on May-25. Nothing changed there after. When I called the IRCC agent last week, he shared the same status. He said he cannot say when Security will start and how many days it will take to complete. No GU as well. Wondering when things will improve further.
One last step....Hope you will get you Portal email soon. Don't worry.

Sharmagd

Jul 21, 2021
AOR: May 27th
No update yet. I raised a webform as there was no update on Medical. They replied saying that the medical has not been received by the responsible office. I called the place where medicals were done they say they had sent it to IRCC on 24th May. I have again sent them the medical information sheet through webform. Any advise?

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Thanks for the encouraging words. how does the portal email look like? What would be sender's email? Want to check whether I missed to see that email
If you got an email about the Permanent Residence Portal, it’s legitimate if

• it came from an email address ending in @cic.gc.ca
  • it’s in both English and French
  • the subject line is “IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) / Portail de résidence permanente (Confirmation de la RP)”
  • it links to this page
You can find more details here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

Julie1985

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Hi people!
Here is my story:
AOR: May 6th
Medical Passed: May 26th
I never noticed any changes on my application except that N/A for Background Check (I mentioned above).
I reached out to IRCC today they said Eligibility is in progress, BGC hasn't started yet.
My problem is that I had to travel outside Canada to get my passport (the old one has expired) so now Im stuck outside as it takes them ages to issue me that entrance visa (my work permit is still valid). I wouldn't mind waiting at home (eating home food and enjoying family time) but I have CFE (final CPA exam) that only happens once a year on Sep 13th so Im FREAKING OUT:eek::eek::eek:! Reading this forum every day but can't really understand whats the average processing times are or what a pattern is with these GUs - seems like there are none...
Just sharing maybe will help someone to see he/she is in a better situation :)

krishnitjsr

Feb 18, 2021
Hi All,
My background check status changed to "We are processing your Background check" from "Your application is in Progress".
Can someone please let me know how much time it takes to receive Portal Mail.

Reactions: WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Hi All,
My background check status changed to "We are processing your Background check" from "Your application is in Progress".
Can someone please let me know how much time it takes to receive Portal Mail.
It is not totally clear. A couple of weeks ago, me and some of friends here received this update the same day. One of us received portal email next day, one received next week and I am still waiting. It depends on your security also passed with this update or not. Some passes some not. But prepare for it, portal email is hopefully wont be that far for you

Reactions: krishnitjsr

krishnitjsr

Feb 18, 2021
It is not totally clear. A couple of weeks ago, me and some of friends here received this update the same day. One of us received portal email next day, one received next week and I am still waiting. It depends on your security also passed with this update or not. Some passes some not. But prepare for it, portal email is hopefully wont be that far for you
Thanks Buddy for positive response. I recently ordered GCMS notes and its mentioned as NRT(No Reportable Trace) So mostly security check will be done faster, whats your status now ?