+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

CEC_April 1st

Star Member
Jul 19, 2021
is it really hard to approve address and photos for inland applicants? I have been waiting for 17 days on pr portal, still no clue from them. I've read people waiting 2 months for their address to be approved. Some other people get their copr document even same day or 2-3 days after they uploded. It's ridiculous. I uploaded address and photo information on July 18 and still waiting for ecopr.

cprem77

Mar 11, 2018
Hi All,

Below is my timeline. Just called IRCC and got below updates.

ITA - February 13, 2021
AOR - May 13, 2021
Medicals - Passed Jun 28th 2021
Eligibility - Passed Jul 7th 2021
Background check - Criminality / Security (Not started) and Info sharing started.

I am not sure about info sharing and why it was initiated for me, as i haven't applied with any of Canada’s partner countries in the Five Eyes intelligence alliance i.e. Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Does info sharing process takes really long? Anyone sailing in same boat with me?

VO - RROC, Secondary - CIO

Olena Koval

Feb 25, 2021
Hi All,

ITA - February 13, 2021
AOR - May 13, 2021
Background check - Criminality / Security (Not started) and Info sharing started.

I am not sure about info sharing and why it was initiated for me, as i haven't applied with any of Canada’s partner countries in the Five Eyes intelligence alliance i.e. Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Does info sharing process takes really long? Anyone sailing in same boat with me?

May 14 the same situation

Poirot2021

Jul 14, 2021
received our PR portal logins last Friday and uploaded the address and photos... how long does it normally take to receive eCOPR?

my timeline:
ITA: April 2021
AOR: May 2, 2021
Med/biometrics: May 19, 2021
PR Portal Login: July 30, 2021 (uploaded photos and address)
*** No GU
Congratulations!! Are you an inland applicant?
I got them on Thursday, and uploaded same day. Still waiting...
Some people get them in 2 days... others have been waiting for months... so.. finger cross :p

krishnitjsr

Feb 18, 2021
Hi All,

ITA - February 13, 2021
AOR - May 13, 2021

Yours and my timeline are exactly same. For me, Info sharing is In-Progress. Security and Criminality Not started.

Last edited:

enigmatic93

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
I am feeling so pissed today. Why I am not even getting a GU! When almost everyone has got their PR confirmation emails..............

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
I am feeling so pissed today. Why I am not even getting a GU! When almost everyone has got their PR confirmation emails..............
I received my 2nd GU 2 weeks ago, I called IRCC last week and they told me everything passed but security not started. I have no idea why it is not started, this waiting also making me frustrated

Reactions: Trevor1

CEC- Bob

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
We moved to new house - my application is under a lawyer supervision

Lawyer told me we do not need to do change your address in the file

Can someone help ? Is that true ?

enigmatic93

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
I received my 2nd GU 2 weeks ago, I called IRCC last week and they told me everything passed but security not started. I have no idea why it is not started, this waiting also making me frustrated
Yeah, they told me same two weeks ago that security is not started yet. My file is in Ottawa. Let's see. It is ok to wait for six months to get PR but when you see people around you getting approvals in 2 months, it becomes frustrating.

Reactions: WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
We moved to new house - my application is under a lawyer supervision

Lawyer told me we do not need to do change your address in the file

Can someone help ? Is that true ?
Logically, I think changing your address can be a problem only if PR cards already been mailed to you while you were at your old address, so they cant take PR cards back to send them again to your new address, but I am just guessing