+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

Rav0056

Jun 12, 2021
Hello all..
Could you plz help..
I got an email and final decision changes from we are processing to your application is in progress. Could you plz give an idea wht will happen next.

ashish0319

Star Member
Apr 17, 2021
Hello all..
Could you plz help..
I got an email and final decision changes from we are processing to your application is in progress. Could you plz give an idea wht will happen next.
What email did you get and what decision changes happend ?

ashish0319

Star Member
Apr 17, 2021
I got an email saying we updated your application status. Final decision- before it was..we are processing your application. Today it changes to your application is in progress.
Not sure about 'Final Decision'. I have seen status changing of 'Background check'.
My 'Final decision' if i remember correctly has always been
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Rav0056

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
yeah a guy in april aor received ecopr in 60 days. i am not sure how files are deemed simple \ complex.
Simple applications have few things to verify: no PCC needed, simple travel history, Canadian education only, Canadian work experience only, no dependants...

Without having to verify your foreign credentials and work experience, it only takes a quick CRA search and perhaps a call to your employer to check the veracity of your work experience in Canada. Same with education, they can just contact the college and check your student record.

ashish0319

Star Member
Apr 17, 2021
Simple applications have few things to verify: no PCC needed, simple travel history, Canadian education only, Canadian work experience only, no dependants...

Without having to verify your foreign credentials and work experience, it only takes a quick CRA search and perhaps a call to your employer to check the veracity of your work experience in Canada. Same with education, they can just contact the college and check your student record.
Not sure if they have any algorithm to automate this classification of simple\complex. I will assume an officer will open the file and then park that application aside if he sees there are many documents uploaded to verify. IRCC's definition of a complex application is different

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1422&top=3

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
If we requested call back from IRCC, how long it will take for them to call us?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto

mission0

Sep 20, 2018
How did you able to talk to an agent? I tried few times but not successful.
We have the same AOR.

Is your BC showed - "Your application is in progress...."
After the automatic machine I pressed 0, I wanted about 35 mins, I called sometime between 9-10. My background is "we are processing your background...." the day after medical was passed I received one email saying I have an update but I saw no changes.

mission0

Sep 20, 2018
Have you ever received any update after medical and biometrics? And can I ask what does your current background check say in the system? And is it ever changed?
The day after medical I got got an email saying there is an update but when I checked I saw no changes. "We are processing your background...."