+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

luckyurang

Oct 26, 2018
How did you all call the ircc? I tried calling them multiple times, different times a day but every time I get the same message that they can't connect me to an agent and I have to try again later. I think I tried over 20 times the last 2 weeks.

My current visa is expiring on July 31st and I have no idea what to do, yesterday I saw a change in my background check it changed from: We are processing.. to Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Does anyone know what this means? Or how far I am in the whole process?

ITA: February 14
AOR: May 8
Medicals passed: June 10
Biometrics: June 10
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
hi got same status last night. are you in whatspp group?

Shin6796

May 6, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
29-04-2021
Med's Done....
30-04-2021
Called IRCC today, Criminality is Started, Eligibility is Started, Background check is "not finalized", which means in progress. VO will be Ottawa, current VO is just virtual. Not too impressive I would say.

mars_mars

Star Member
May 14, 2021
How did you all call the ircc? I tried calling them multiple times, different times a day but every time I get the same message that they can't connect me to an agent and I have to try again later. I think I tried over 20 times the last 2 weeks.

My current visa is expiring on July 31st and I have no idea what to do, yesterday I saw a change in my background check it changed from: We are processing.. to Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Does anyone know what this means? Or how far I am in the whole process?

ITA: February 14
AOR: May 8
Medicals passed: June 10
Biometrics: June 10
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Likely that your eligibility was passed.

Reactions: CCvw

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Called IRCC today, Criminality is Started, Eligibility is Started, Background check is "not finalized", which means in progress. VO will be Ottawa, current VO is just virtual. Not too impressive I would say.
What has changed with the ghost update on 17 June, Background Check?

miguelca

May 6, 2021
ITA: April 1, 2021
Medical Exam: April 13, 2021
AOR: May 25,2021
Biometrics request: June 22,2021

I will give my biometrics tomorrow.

Do you know if I have to print the BIL or I can just take it on my phone?
Biometrics Updated: June 23, 2021
MEP: June 23, 2021

ashish0319

Star Member
Apr 17, 2021
Last when I called IRCC on 1st June, they mentioned Criminality - Passed, Eligibility - Not Started. Today got a GU and Background check says

Do you think Eligiblity Passed or BG started before Eligiblity

mars_mars

Star Member
May 14, 2021
Last when I called IRCC on 1st June, they mentioned Criminality - Passed, Eligibility - Not Started. Today got a GU and Background check says

Do you think Eligiblity Passed or BG started before Eligiblity
From what I have seen and my exp, likely your eligibility was passed.

ashish0319

Star Member
Apr 17, 2021
From what I have seen and my exp, likely your eligibility was passed.
I logged out and signed back in and now BG Status changed to

Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Received 2 GUs today :D :D

mars_mars

Star Member
May 14, 2021
I logged out and signed back in and now BG Status changed to

Background checkHelp - Background check

• We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Received 2 GUs today :D :D
It seems the security has just been updated and been passed!

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Does anyone know how an IP2 looks like? I feel like everyone gets the same messages.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • June 15, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
Final decision

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hello Everyone,

CEC
AOR : May 02

I called CIC today and the agent told me that security is in process. What does that mean ? What is the next step ?