+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Mar. 2020 *JOIN HERE*

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hi Guys,

So I finally got my COPR on the CIC portal. The IRCC agent called me this morning and gave me the good news and after 30 mins I received the update on the portal (the old portal).

DETAILS
  1. Outland Dependent
  2. AOR March 2020
  3. Medical was updated on my CIC portal on May 10th
  4. My location: London Ontario
They said that my spouse's COPR will be sent to her from the IRCC office in her residing country. Does anyone know how long it takes for this to be sent?

For everyone that is still waiting, I wish you all the best. Thanks for all the support I received from everyone in this group.

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi Guys,

So I finally got my COPR on the CIC portal. The IRCC agent called me this morning and gave me the good news and after 30 mins I received the update on the portal (the old portal).

DETAILS
  1. Outland Dependent
  2. AOR March 2020
They said that my spouse's COPR will be sent to her from the IRCC office in her residing country. Does anyone know how long it takes for this to be sent?

For everyone that is still waiting, I wish you all the best. Thanks for all the support I received from everyone in this group.
@nwachuku congratulation.. your dependent is from which country?

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Hi Guys,

DETAILS
  1. Outland Dependent
  2. AOR March 2020

Wow! This is amazing news! Congratulations!

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Congratulations, much awaited news. Hope your spouse will get the COPR soon as well. Did ircc extend your dependent’s medicals?
Hi Guys,

DETAILS
  1. Outland Dependent
  2. AOR March 2020

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Hi Guys,

DETAILS
  1. Outland Dependent
  2. AOR March 2020

Congratulations @nwachuku
I encourage you to be proactive in regards to your outland dependent because Accra is ready to waste your time. I was in similar situation recently which just got resolved.

I’m also an inland applicant with an outland dependent, our app details are as follows:
March 20 2020 AOR
PPR for outland dependent - Oct 29 2020
COPR for inland applicant - Jan 29 2021

After I received the copr, we sent the ppr and passport via Lagos to Accra on Feb 2 for visa stamping and issuing of her copr, something that shouldn’t take more than a month, can you believe we are yet to receive the passport back from Accra. I wrote emails, sent webforms, those guys are not big on responding to such.

I got frustrated and then contacted the ircc office here in Canada which helped a bit, within 24hours of reaching out to my primary office (Vancouver), they responded with a new medical request as the old one had expired. Long story short, Accra just issued the visa last Friday - May 14th, over 3months after they received the passport of an already approved application.

All the best in getting your dependent to Canada, if possible, I recommend using another Visa office instead of Accra.

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Congratulations @nwachuku
I encourage you to be proactive in regards to your outland dependent because Accra is ready to waste your time. I was in similar situation recently which just got resolved.

I’m also an inland applicant with an outland dependent, our app details are as follows:
March 20 2020 AOR
PPR for outland dependent - Oct 29 2020
COPR for inland applicant - Jan 29 2021

After I received the copr, we sent the ppr and passport via Lagos to Accra on Feb 2 for visa stamping and issuing of her copr, something that shouldn’t take more than a month, can you believe we are yet to receive the passport back from Accra. I wrote emails, sent webforms, those guys are not big on responding to such.

I got frustrated and then contacted the ircc office here in Canada which helped a bit, within 24hours of reaching out to my primary office (Vancouver), they responded with a new medical request as the old one had expired. Long story short, Accra just issued the visa last Friday - May 14th, over 3months after they received the passport of an already approved application.

All the best in getting your dependent to Canada, if possible, I recommend using another Visa office instead of Accra.
Thank you Banana Woman for giving me heads-up on what to expect going forward. I have a couple of questions for you:

1. It seems your outland dependent got his PPR even before you got your COPR. Is this correct?
2. What medium (Phone or Email) did they use to contact your outland dependent?
3. Should I be expecting another document for my wife on the IRCC portal?

This whole process seems very confusing, I was wondering why they did not send the two documents to our portal at once.

Yubsco

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
21-05-2020
My AOR is 4/13/2020, I was thinking if I show do my medical exam as I think it’s expired, or just wait till the request from IRCC?
If you are an outland dependant I will suggest you do the upfront medicals if you can afford it. Cus from what I have seen and heard, expired medicals of outland dependant is not acceptable.

Reactions: Banana woman

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Thank you Banana Woman for giving me heads-up on what to expect going forward. I have a couple of questions for you:

1. It seems your outland dependent got his PPR even before you got your COPR. Is this correct?
2. What medium (Phone or Email) did they use to contact your outland dependent?
3. Should I be expecting another document for my wife on the IRCC portal?

This whole process seems very confusing, I was wondering why they did not send the two documents to our portal at once.
Oh yes, as soon as ircc approved my application, they sent the PPR for my dependent. On a norm, pre-covid, both documents (+ my copr) should have been sent around the same time. However, since the office that handled my application is Vancouver, after it got approved, it was forwarded to Etobicoke (my local ircc office) for copr issue. But because of covid, Etobicoke didn’t issue until 3 months later.

My dependent is a minor (my child), so I
was the point of contact throughout.

And yes, if you haven’t already received PPR for your wife, you will need to wait for that before moving forward with submitting her passport for visa stamping. The PPR issue should come from the office that handled your application, please follow up with them via email

Reactions: nwachuku

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
If you are an outland dependant I will suggest you do the upfront medicals if you can afford it. Cus from what I have seen and heard, expired medicals of outland dependant is not acceptable.
True...I assumed when they extended my medicals, that my Outland dependent’s was also extended. Unfortunately, it wasn’t. This set back her CoPr + visa issue by 3 months. We shouldn’t wait till they extend, anyone that can afford it should proactively do re-medicals before they request for it like you said.

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Oh yes, as soon as ircc approved my application, they sent the PPR for my dependent. On a norm, pre-covid, both documents (+ my copr) should have been sent around the same time. However, since the office that handled my application is Vancouver, after it got approved, it was forwarded to Etobicoke (my local ircc office) for copr issue. But because of covid, Etobicoke didn’t issue until 3 months later.

My dependent is a minor (my child), so I
was the point of contact throughout.

And yes, if you haven’t already received PPR for your wife, you will need to wait for that before moving forward with submitting her passport for visa stamping. The PPR issue should come from the office that handled your application, please follow up with them via email
Thank you so much. I will follow up with them by email

Yubsco

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
21-05-2020
True...I assumed when they extended my medicals, that my Outland dependent’s was also extended. Unfortunately, it wasn’t. This set back her CoPr + visa issue by 3 months. We shouldn’t wait till they extend, anyone that can afford it should proactively do re-medicals before they request for it like you said.
That's true.. another issue I think we should look at is the Covid19 Vaccine. Don't be surprise if we are asked to present a prove of covid vaccine at the airport. Am thinking of taking mine anytime soon but again I learnt I will have to wait for a month to take d second dosage. If I get COPR I don't think I will want to wait to take d second vaccine

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Yea, I did upfront medical for her as soon as her medical expired in March. I have sent an email to the IRCC Ottawa and also attached a written letter to the Windsor office where I submitted my digital passport to apply for my PR card