+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Mar. 2020 *JOIN HERE*

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
just got the credentials for portal and i added my address and photo at https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en. Now wait for the ecopr starts....
Electronic confirmation of permanent residence (eCoPR)
Some good news to cheer about, seems like 2021 will be also fully devoted to covid cause and team IRCC will keep working on reduced capacity
good luck for those have completed 6 months

Last edited:

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Congratulations ..May I ask are you biometric exempt ?? When did you get background check completed ? And VO ?
CEC Inland Applicant - Ottawa
AOR - 4 March 2020

Medicals - Passed
Biometrics - 28 Oct 2020

It was there in the signature if you looked carefully? :)

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
CEC Inland Applicant - Ottawa
AOR - 4 March 2020

Medicals - Passed
Biometrics - 28 Oct 2020

It was there in the signature if you looked carefully? :)
Pretty much the same here! Hopefully the agent will send my credentials later today... usually it takes 2 days after you send all details via email.
By the way.. this whole thing is very odd, since they have our info already right? My best guess is: They are migrating into a new system and there’s no integration between the old and the new one.. so they keep asking US to do this instead hehe, also it is another form of confirmation of current information.
I will keep you guys updated!

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Pretty much the same here! Hopefully the agent will send my credentials later today... usually it takes 2 days after you send all details via email.
By the way.. this whole thing is very odd, since they have our info already right? My best guess is: They are migrating into a new system and there’s no integration between the old and the new one.. so they keep asking US to do this instead hehe, also it is another form of confirmation of current information.
I will keep you guys updated!
Yeah looks like they are just buying time. They thought of making it more efficient but ended up increasing their own work. ... Cic and its ways...

mv16aq

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Today Profile shows - "Application/profile updated "- But, nothing changed. Not sure how to take this sign.

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks for the update. This is my send one.
Did you receive one before you got "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal" email?
No.. my application progress is very odd.. everything takes ages to update there.. and now I receive that email, with no update on my status.. bunch of stuff still under verification :( I hope this is some system problem and my application is actually at the very end, like others suggested. The emailI received doesn’t say anything about you being approved.. everything has some room for interpretation...

mv16aq

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
No.. my application progress is very odd.. everything takes ages to update there.. and now I receive that email, with no update on my status.. bunch of stuff still under verification :( I hope this is some system problem and my application is actually at the very end, like others suggested. The emailI received doesn’t say anything about you being approved.. everything has some room for interpretation...
Only Approved applications will receive the Portal email. Isn't it the scenario? Thanks.

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Only Approved applications will receive the Portal email. Isn't it the scenario? Thanks.
Apparently yes, but mine is still in progress.. its last update was about biometrics being received... That’s why I said receiving this email at this stage (profile status) is very odd. Time wise, I would agree.. but now with this whole mess going on, I have no clue! hehe

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Yeah looks like they are just buying time. They thought of making it more efficient but ended up increasing their own work. ... Cic and its ways...
I agree that IRCC has a lot of room to improve. Their architects should be smarter. The new portal is integrated with the PR Card printing system which was not the case earlier. This is good since the applicants need not do anything else after the portal uploads. But, why they are asking for the same info which they already have? This is my guess,
1. Address: IRCC might have observed that many applicants do not update their address when they move even though it's a required step from the applicant.
2. Acknowledgement: They need it directly from each applicant. Not sure why they do not allow representatives to do this. The current system doesn't have the capability to distinguish applicant and representative emails.
3. Photo: I can think of only the funny side of it. Many applications are heavily delayed. They might have thought that our face contours have changed over the course :)

By the way, my application has the Submitted status with no change for individual assessment sections for months. But I have received the confirmation email. Awaiting credentials.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I agree that IRCC has a lot of room to improve. Their architects should be smarter. The new portal is integrated with the PR Card printing system which was not the case earlier. This is good since the applicants need not do anything else after the portal uploads. But, why they are asking for the same info which they already have? This is my guess,
1. Address: IRCC might have observed that many applicants do not update their address when they move even though it's a required step from the applicant.
2. Acknowledgement: They need it directly from each applicant. Not sure why they do not allow representatives to do this. The current system doesn't have the capability to distinguish applicant and representative emails.
3. Photo: I can think of only the funny side of it. Many applications are heavily delayed. They might have thought that our face contours have changed over the course :)

By the way, my application has the Submitted status with no change for individual assessment sections for months. But I have received the confirmation email. Awaiting credentials.

Yeah there is no link and totally separate. My application is also processing in cic gckey portal. No change there.