+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Mar. 2020 *JOIN HERE*

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hello everyone,

congrats on your Ita. I also received Ita for March 23rd. I have earlier received an Ita on March 4th but I declined it because my Canadian work experience will be 1 year in April 25th. My score is 471.
When I got the Ita for March 23rd, I accepted it just because of the current Covid situation. I am not sure of what to expect in the coming weeks or months.

I plan to submit my application hopefully by April 30th. I have read stories of people who got approved after submitting past their work experience date.

please advice and share any story if u know anyone who had this situation. Thanks
Hi, I have personally seen 4 of examples including myself where accepted an invitation prior to a full completion of work experience (mine was for 2 years and 11 months and some of my friends having 11 months AND other having 1 year with 11 months experience) and we all got approved for PR. However, in all cases, my friends and I both accepted an invitation but submitted our PR EE profile after finishing of exact specific year of work experience. So as you will have finish your work experience on April 25th, 2020 so I would strongly recommend you to submit your PR EE profile only after April 25th, 2020 and make sure you will also have your Work Experience Employment letter with dated after April 25th, 2020 and you should be good.

FYI - Because I had done so much research while I was in the same situation and I got to know that no wrong info was given by me while creating a profile but CIC system works based on month to month so if you having an exp from April 25th, 2019 then obviously you put your start date month as: April, 2019 and by this logic, on 1st of March 2020 (April 2019 to March 2020 consider as 12 months) you will have got 1 year of work exp points.

I hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Reactions: harbee

sadya

Mar 30, 2020
Hi guys,
I have a question for you.
I had 3 years of experience outside of Canada in NOC A. Then I moved to Canada and have 2 years of experience in NOC B in Canada.
I applied for bc pnp in September 2019 while my NOC was B and my IELTS was S6 R65 L6.5 W5.5.
When my pnp application was under process, I got my promotion to NOC A. Finally I got my nomination in December with the new job title (NOC A).
Then I applied for PR through the express entry in January but my application was canceled after 3 weeks due to not meeting minimum criteria in language proficiency. Now I am wondering, why the system didn't tell me that I am not eligible any more with new NOC?
Since most of my experience was on NOC B, it shouldn't be the case that my language test should meet NOC B?
Can I apply under any other program without taking another language test?
Does anyone have a similar experience?

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Hi guys,

I'm on the same boat with you all. I submitted my application last March 2 and was able to receive an ITA March 4. As for right now, I'm trying to do an UPFRONT Medical Exam here in Ontario but due to the COVID-19, almost all the offices are closed. Let's hope and pray this virus goes away and we can be able to process everything easier.

Hoping for the best!
Keep up updated!

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Same here, got my ITA on March 23th. I'm in Ottawa and all the panel physicians have stopped doing medical exams due to the lockdown... it kind of worries me because I don't think the lockdown will be over just after 14-days and it's very likely to be extended in the future given the current trends of infected people
Hi there,

I've been calling a lot of panel physicians for an UPFRONT Medical Exam but because of this COVID, nobody's accepting any appointments. Would this affect our application? I heard they extended it from 60 to 90 days.

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hi, I have personally seen 4 of examples including myself where accepted an invitation prior to a full completion of work experience (mine was for 2 years and 11 months and some of my friends having 11 months AND other having 1 year with 11 months experience) and we all got approved for PR. However, in all cases, my friends and I both accepted an invitation but submitted our PR EE profile after finishing of exact specific year of work experience. So as you will have finish your work experience on April 25th, 2020 so I would strongly recommend you to submit your PR EE profile only after April 25th, 2020 and make sure you will also have your Work Experience Employment letter with dated after April 25th, 2020 and you should be good.

FYI - Because I had done so much research while I was in the same situation and I got to know that no wrong info was given by me while creating a profile but CIC system works based on month to month so if you having an exp from April 25th, 2019 then obviously you put your start date month as: April, 2019 and by this logic, on 1st of March 2020 (April 2019 to March 2020 consider as 12 months) you will have got 1 year of work exp points.

I hope this helps you.
Thank you so much

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hello,

CEC/ Inland - 482
ITA - March 4, 2020
Meds done
Waiting on PCC - still processing with High Commission Ottawa
Reference letters from previous workplace done

Thank you,
Natasha

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi Everyone, I am in the same boat. Received ITA on Mar 23, everything else is ready, except medicals. What are your thoughts, should we submit our application without medicals, but with Letter of Explanation?
you should be able to get medical appointment now right ? or is it not available now because of covid - 19?

If in case for a good reason you cant get your medicals done then you can provide a Letter of Explanation stating your reason and they will give you extension. Refer below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#processing

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hi guys, I also got ITA on March 23 and was trying to do an upfront medical but was told by a physician that upfront medicals are on hold until further notice and that they will keep me posted if that changes and today I received an email to confirm my upfront medical exam appointment for April 15. I hope this means that medicals are open again. BTW, I live in Toronto.

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi guys, I also got ITA on March 23 and was trying to do an upfront medical but was told by a physician that upfront medicals are on hold until further notice and that they will keep me posted if that changes and today I received an email to confirm my upfront medical exam appointment for April 15. I hope this means that medicals are open again. BTW, I live in Toronto.
Me too! received today for April 22. So, apparently things are moving again! o/

Last edited:
Reactions: Sukhman719

Stefanija89.

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hi,
Joining the club.
ITA received March 23.
Waiting for Police Certificate to be issued from home country
Trying to get medical exam here in Toronto.

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey. How did you receive the appointment for upfront?
An email from the clinic -> visadoctor.ca <- tried to book an appointment 2 weeks ago, then today they gave us a green light, probably they are allowed to receive new patients after an update from immigration.. this should affect all clinics nationwide apparently.