+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Jan 2020 *JOIN HERE*

sourav1

Aug 16, 2018
That is CoPR, as advised in letter, you should send copy of it with a photo to given address to get your PR card. I would recommend doing it right away. Though you can use the letter as proof of PR for upto one year from the issue date.
I am confused because in the letter it stated that "If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand please send it along with one photo". while they could have just said send a photo along with this letter. :(

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
I am confused because in the letter it stated that "If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand please send it along with one photo". while they could have just said send a photo along with this letter. :(
I guess they meant hard copy. I am sending this letter with my photo. Will see whatever happens. At worst it could delay PR card for a bit, which I really don't care about.

Reactions: BK1993

Shane999

Jan 7, 2020
Hello. My AOR is January 23. I raise web form and talk with agent they said criminality, eligibility, security passed. But medical expired. It was passed before. So should I go for medical again or just wait for cic instruction. Also how long it will take after everything is clear ?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hello. My AOR is January 23. I raise web form and talk with agent they said criminality, eligibility, security passed. But medical expired. It was passed before. So should I go for medical again or just wait for cic instruction. Also how long it will take after everything is clear ?
They might exempt it at this point. I would recommend to wait for instructions.

JAssimTeeky

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
I guess they meant hard copy. I am sending this letter with my photo. Will see whatever happens. At worst it could delay PR card for a bit, which I really don't care about.
Do they mail any physical document to our mailing address if application document? Is that the COPR?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Do they mail any physical document to our mailing address if application document? Is that the COPR?
As we all have applied for work permit, study permit etc. at some point, usually the letter in the account is not actually the permit and it states that its not and actual permit has been mailed. This letter clearly states that this is replacement for PR card for one year. And letter does not say any other document being mailed or anything, for that reason, I am fairly confident they are not mailing physical copy as that will be absolutely redundant. This is the only thing you really need. This letter is the Confirmation of PR (COPR).

JAssimTeeky

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
As we all have applied for work permit, study permit etc. at some point, usually the letter in the account is not actually the permit and it states that its not and actual permit has been mailed. This letter clearly states that this is replacement for PR card for one year. And letter does not say any other document being mailed or anything, for that reason, I am fairly confident they are not mailing physical copy as that will be absolutely redundant. This is the only thing you really need. This letter is the Confirmation of PR (COPR).
ok, was just wondering about why the letter says if you have COPR send it with photo.

Viharpatel123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
AOR 10 Jan
Medical Passed :29 Jan
Biometric subimtted : 17 Feb.
Noupdate this. 84% process is completed. background check still in process. CEC inland with one dependable spouce in usa. Any idea when will I receive a COPR?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
AOR 10 Jan
Medical Passed :29 Jan
Biometric subimtted : 17 Feb.
Noupdate this. 84% process is completed. background check still in process. CEC inland with one dependable spouce in usa. Any idea when will I receive a COPR?
I would suggest to send a webform and ask for update on eligibility, security, criminality and background review. See what they say. Without that its almost impossible to say at what stage is your application.

Reactions: Viharpatel123

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
I would suggest to send a webform and ask for update on eligibility, security, criminality and background review. See what they say. Without that its almost impossible to say at what stage is your application.
I have sent webform they said CRIMINALITY in Process and BG and Eligibility still not started, why this delay

and before one week they said Eligibility is in Process and not Criminality what is happening?

Simmanka

Feb 23, 2020
Hi there, when can I expect PPR or COPR because mine all stages were passed on 2nd june (criminality, security, background and eligibility) i am currently residing in canada and my dependant is in india. I called them up today they said no progress after 2nd june. My CPC is ottawa and AOR is jan 23rd

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
I have sent webform they said CRIMINALITY in Process and BG and Eligibility still not started, why this delay

and before one week they said Eligibility is in Process and not Criminality what is happening?
Sometimes IRCC ask information from other countries where you have resided, that usually causes delays, specially in this current situation. Looking at the recent cases, most of the people are getting their applications approved somewhere between 150 - 200 days. Some odd people are getting it faster than that. Hope for the best. You should be fine.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hi there, when can I expect PPR or COPR because mine all stages were passed on 2nd june (criminality, security, background and eligibility) i am currently residing in canada and my dependant is in india. I called them up today they said no progress after 2nd june. My CPC is ottawa and AOR is jan 23rd
I had everything passes on May 1st and I got my application approved on June 10. I would say within 2-4 weeks you should receive an update.

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
I called CIC on 29th may and asked them.
the agent told me that they wont send any other document thru mail and we need to send 2 photos along with a copy of virtual COPR.

Reactions: sharjeel91