+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Jan 2020 *JOIN HERE*

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
I asked CIC for an update on my application. I got the following response.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

Seems like everything is good to go. Will see. BTW my AOR is jan 9th.

Reactions: Walle_007

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
AOR - Jan 25
Bio - Feb 18
Medical - Feb 10
CEC Inland

Got a phone call today from a Private number. Was not able to pick up. then got an email saying my application will be finalized and they need to do a phone interview from the CIC office email address. I have questions below:
1. What information should I prepare for this?
2. Does this mean my application has been approved?
3. What else do I need to do after?

jdevaselvam

May 29, 2020
I asked CIC for an update on my application. I got the following response.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

Seems like everything is good to go. Will see. BTW my AOR is jan 9th.
Oh Good. All the very best. My AOR is Jan 10th. How did you contact the CIC for the update ?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
AOR - Jan 25
Bio - Feb 18
Medical - Feb 10
CEC Inland

Got a phone call today from a Private number. Was not able to pick up. then got an email saying my application will be finalized and they need to do a phone interview from the CIC office email address. I have questions below:
1. What information should I prepare for this?
2. Does this mean my application has been approved?
3. What else do I need to do after?
I would say yes, I have read at few places people getting a phone interview and getting COPR very next day. You dont have to worry about anything, just give them a call back, most likely they want you sent a document or need to confirm information. You should be good.

Reactions: IceD.

jdevaselvam

May 29, 2020
I sent a webform, specifically inquiring about my eligibility, security, background and criminality. My file is in Edmonton.
Thanks for the response Sharjeel. By any chance do you know which agent has processed your file ? By any chance is it fs04049 ??

Raunak846

Jun 1, 2020
Hey guys,

My AOR is 15th Jan and I am CEC inland applicant. I just called IRCC to check the status of my application and I have been told that criminality is in progress and security background check hasn't been initiated. my CO is Ottawa. I have few questions though.

When ADR changes to N/A, is that a change that remains on your application or does that change quickly back to "we do not need additional documents" in a day or two?

Also, since my criminality is in progress, does that imply that all other stages have been ticked off? Do they go through all those stages simultaneously or hierarchical?

Last edited:

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hey guys,

My AOR is 15th Jan and I am CEC inland applicant. I just called IRCC to check the status of my application and I have been told that criminality is in progress and security background check hasn't been initiated. my CO is Ottawa. I have few questions though.

When ADR changes to N/A, is that a change that remains on your application or does that change quickly back to "we do not need additional documents" in a day or two?

Also, since my criminality is in progress, does that imply that all other stages have been ticked off? Do they go through all those stages simultaneously or hierarchical?
Tried to call them today but wasn't able to get through. In my case when ADR changed to N/A, I haven't had any changed after that. Security and criminality are valid (passed).

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hey guys,

Tried to call them today but wasn't able to get through. In my case when ADR changed to N/A, I haven't had any changed after that. Security and criminality are valid (passed).
ADR changes to NA when they get the IRCC receives the additional document required. Usually it stays that way until the end.

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
ADR changes to NA when they get the IRCC receives the additional document required. Usually it stays that way until the end.
Not true, my ADR said "We are reviewing the document you have sent" for two months, and only changed to N/A when I raised a webform about it, and they said they have received it. After a few days from the response, it changed to N/A. N/A means they have reviewed and accepted it, not when they have received it.

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Called IRCC today. My AOR is Jan 28. Verified that they are processing my criminality check, security and eligibility not started.... VO Ottawa.