+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Jan 2020 *JOIN HERE*

Gdalal

Feb 11, 2020
Namaskar
We applied for Permanent Residency under CEC and have passed our Medical Exam till now...
We have received E-AOR. My husband is a primary/Principle Applicant and me as a secondary. My work permit expires on 30th July 2020. Can I apply for bridging work permit? My husband’s work permit expires in Jan 2021.My name is not on AOR as my husband is principle applicant
We both studies in Canada and got individual work permit for three years..we got married last year which is why we applied together
Eligibility for bridging open work permit says that you should be primary applicant. I am not sure what to do and how it would work in our case

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Namaskar
We applied for Permanent Residency under CEC and have passed our Medical Exam till now...
We have received E-AOR. My husband is a primary/Principle Applicant and me as a secondary. My work permit expires on 30th July 2020. Can I apply for bridging work permit? My husband’s work permit expires in Jan 2021.My name is not on AOR as my husband is principle applicant
We both studies in Canada and got individual work permit for three years..we got married last year which is why we applied together
Eligibility for bridging open work permit says that you should be primary applicant. I am not sure what to do and how it would work in our case
I would suggest to apply for open work permit since your husband still have valid work permit. Use come to Canada tool and you will be eligible to apply for open work permit since you are the spouse of someone whose PR application is in process.

Last edited:

affan hussain

Dec 1, 2015
Hi,
I would like to know if I can submit some documents even after submitting my application online, I found some information in my documents missing which I have now. I want to update my documents, can I submit these documents via webform even if I am not asked to?

LuckyByFate

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Did you called cic or raised web form ??
Yes, I raised web form. Here is the response I received on May 5th
---
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that the background verifications are in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Aman1390

Dec 13, 2019
Yes, I raised web form. Here is the response I received on May 5th
---
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that the background verifications are in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Its crazy man people have passed everything and for few people they not even started anything

Aman1390

Dec 13, 2019
What does your status say? Has it changed to this:

"Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along. "

or its still the old one.
Yes the status is this but no update this is followed by status bar it changes with that it doesn’t have to do anything with the update

LuckyByFate

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Yes the status is this but no update this is followed by status bar it changes with that it doesn’t have to do anything with the update
Status was changed for me as well when 10 weeks were left. I think it is automated for everyone.