+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Jan 2020 *JOIN HERE*

Pradiep1993

Aug 17, 2016
There won't be any ghost email. And you guys would already have that update but you didn't notice. If you open your Express entry account it'll show application updated, however nothings chnaged whatsoever. That's called ghost update. But it won't last for long. So even if yoh had it, you didn't check your account during that time and you missed it. But if it's says "make sure to check messages " on top then it means your file has already passed few steps.. and it's in almost last stage.

LuckyByFate

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
There won't be any ghost email. And you guys would already have that update but you didn't notice. If you open your Express entry account it'll show application updated, however nothings chnaged whatsoever. That's called ghost update. But it won't last for long. So even if yoh had it, you didn't check your account during that time and you missed it. But if it's says "make sure to check messages " on top then it means your file has already passed few steps.. and it's in almost last stage.
Hi, I realize it happened to me two days ago. AOR Jan 28, The top part changed from "you may not hear from us for a while that is normal" to "Make sure you read your message and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process long". Does that mean they are viewing my application and processing it"? Thanks!

JAssimTeeky

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi, I realize it happened to me two days ago. AOR Jan 28, The top part changed from "you may not hear from us for a while that is normal" to "Make sure you read your message and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process long". Does that mean they are viewing my application and processing it"? Thanks!
Mine too! though I didnt see any ghost updates or anything..Does it mean its moving forward or does the message just change automatically after 50%?

LuckyByFate

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
For me that section was updated after medicals were passed. There was email as with title "
We updated your application status"

Reactions: Evens

LuckyByFate

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Brampton
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
I lodged webform query to get an update on my application. Here is IRCC's response

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that the background verifications are in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Reactions: Evens

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Mine too! though I didnt see any ghost updates or anything..Does it mean its moving forward or does the message just change automatically after 50%?
Possible... it could be a mark of 3 months... I really hope I can get it before July because I am sick of the wait.... I made a web form request and it says as follows:
  • The background verifications have not been initiated.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.

It looks like they are working on my criminal background check right now. I will probably send another inquiry at the end of May.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Oh good to know, I didn't notice but yes it is changed from "you may not hear from us" to "make sure you check your messages and take actions we ask you".

Reactions: IceD.

bshahi

Nov 25, 2019
I got a ghost update as well on 1 May 2020, could be before that but i saw on this date (no email received, but says application updated when open portal)
AOR: 3 Jan 2020
Medical Passed: 23 Jan 2020
Biometric Complete: 30 jan 2020

Hope this helps fellow members, good luck to everyone reading this.
Also wanted to share this link below which explains clearly how ghost updates lie up with you file, compare the notes with your application details

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/

Last edited:
Reactions: IceD.

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi all, I know I am technically AOR December 2019 but I applied on New Years Eve so I think I am in the same process as you all. Here's my progress so far:

CEC-Outland applicant (currently residing in Canada though)

AOR: 31 Dec 2019
MEP: 21 Jan 2020
RPRF: 27 Jan 2020
BIL: 29 Jan 2020

Sent the first webform on 12th April (about my RPRF)

April 16th I received a response to my Webform:
- The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied, you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
- The security background verification has not been initiated.
- The criminal background verification is in process.

- Ghost update: 23 April (Profile homepage said "Application/Profile Updated" but no changes, and the application went back to "Submitted". No email.)
- 2nd ghost update: 27 April (Profile homepage said "Application/Profile Updated" and Review of Additional Documents changed from 'We are reviewing the additional documents you provided' to 'Not Applicable'. No email.)

M29

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Something strange happened in my account today. In submitted document section, I also upload LOE, before it was not there since I applied but today I just saw it and there was a statement on the top in red something like this”if we request documents please provide in the due date otherwise we will review your application without requested document” and on refreshing the page LOE and that Statment both vanished.
Mine also changed to check your messages.
Around 45days ago, I’ve also requested cic though webform to include my wife in application (Post-AOR). Any idea?

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Something strange happened in my account today. In submitted document section, I also upload LOE, before it was not there since I applied but today I just saw it and there was a statement on the top in red something like this”if we request documents please provide in the due date otherwise we will review your application without requested document” and on refreshing the page LOE and that Statment both vanished.
Mine also changed to check your messages.
Around 45days ago, I’ve also requested cic though webform to include my wife in application (Post-AOR). Any idea?
My LOE also disappeared when I had to upload ADR. I wouldn't be worried.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Just an update for you guys, I sent a webform and specifically asked for my eligibility and background check. I got the following reply along with usual stuff.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

In addition, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied have been passed,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
This is really encouraging, I don't wanna jinx it but hopefully PPR is gonna be coming soon.

Last edited:

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Just an update for you guys, I sent a webform and specifically asked for my eligibility and background check. I got the following reply along with usual stuff.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

In addition, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied have been passed,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
This is really encouraging, I don't wanna jinx it but hopefully PPR is gonna be coming soon.
OMG I am so happy for you. My AOR is just about 19 days after you. Hopefully I can get it sooner as well!
Keep the hope up bro

Last edited: