+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Feb. 2020 *JOIN HERE*

Kamal001

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
I came to Canada with a student-permit then have my post-grad open-work permit I renewed it twice and now I still have my OWP. I got refused for my first PR application last year due to lack of CRS points. Now, I have all the points and based on my GCMS last August 2020 my eligibility is recommended passed. Then yesterday I got the call.
Do you have an LMIA ?

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
Do you have an LMIA ?
No, I do not need an LMIA because I have an open-work permit and my work did not get one. Even without LMIA my points are enough to be eligible under CEC stream.

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Eligibility review in progress
Background check in progress
Not sure what it means and how much longer it might take
wow man!I
In my case they are just holding my spouse's criminality, I am also not sure why so much delay in our applications.
CEC usually is straight forward and all of my friends who have previously applied got their CoPRs within 3-4 months.
I call every week to get an update but in vain.
IRCC is not paying any attention to backlogs it seems; instead making new draws every now and then.
I wish to get PR before end of this year but now I don't see it.
I don't know what to say.

aoctr

Oct 10, 2020
Really frustrated to wait FOREVER without any updates... still waiting for criminality (background) check after submission of biometrics in Oct. why doesn’t IRCC look into backlogs carefully? So sick of IRCC’s work style. Current applicants got an approval less than 4 months but Jan/Feb AOR’s are still waiting.. does it make sense to all? It passed all most of 1 year fully.. even did they take a moment to check early applicants’ application ever?

CalgaryApp

Nov 27, 2020
Really frustrated to wait FOREVER without any updates... still waiting for criminality (background) check after submission of biometrics in Oct. why doesn’t IRCC look into backlogs carefully? So sick of IRCC’s work style. Current applicants got an approval less than 4 months but Jan/Feb AOR’s are still waiting.. does it make sense to all? It passed all most of 1 year fully.. even did they take a moment to check early applicants’ application ever?
I get your pain. The process is definitely not as advertised but not much we can do about it at this point. Just wait and hope for the best.

azizunreal

Oct 27, 2020
I get your pain. The process is definitely not as advertised but not much we can do about it at this point. Just wait and hope for the best.
True. There is no point venting either. My company is already applying for the third work permit. It is a tedious and expensive process but there is nothing anyone can do.

We were keen on the PR only because we wanted to buy a house here. Now with the crazy prices in GTA, we're moving out of Toronto to London ON so the PR is not as important anymore. It'll happen when it happens.

aoctr

Oct 10, 2020
Does anyone know how to connect with ircc representative on the phone? When I called to IRCC, it was not able to talk with staff.. only recorded voice read my process.. how can I talk with an agent of ircc?

azizunreal

Oct 27, 2020
Does anyone know how to connect with ircc representative on the phone? When I called to IRCC, it was not able to talk with staff.. only recorded voice read my process.. how can I talk with an agent of ircc?
When you get to the status of your PR, listen to the entire message. At the end of the message, you can hit 0 to speak to an IRCC representative. However, I don't think they know more than what is already on the computer in front of them. I spoke to them once and that was the last time.