+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Feb. 2020 *JOIN HERE*

Sudharbala

Jan 26, 2018
Hello All,

Weird things happened after some ghost update yesterday. Does anyone seen similar thing or in similar situation as below.

Haven't seen an update since 2 July 2020. Although there were ghost updates between then and now, nothing has progressed. The progress bar disappeared after 7 August 2020 and haven't seen it since then....Lol... Even the webform link with in the profile disappeared since December 2020.. Not sure what to even think of it. Below is my timeline:

CEC Inland, ITA 11 Dec 2019, Application submitted 7 Feb 2020, AOR 7 Feb 2020, BIOMETRICS 27 Feb 2020

Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: July 2, 2020 You passed the medical exam. (This update disappeared and changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes" after a ghost update yesterday)
Review of additional documents:
Changed from "We do not need additional documents" to "Not Applicable" after the ghost update yesterday
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: Feb 27, 2020 Completed.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello All,

Weird things happened after some ghost update yesterday. Does anyone seen similar thing or in similar situation as below.

Haven't seen an update since 2 July 2020. Although there were ghost updates between then and now, nothing has progressed. The progress bar disappeared after 7 August 2020 and haven't seen it since then....Lol... Even the webform link with in the profile disappeared since December 2020.. Not sure what to even think of it. Below is my timeline:

CEC Inland, ITA 11 Dec 2019, Application submitted 7 Feb 2020, AOR 7 Feb 2020, BIOMETRICS 27 Feb 2020

Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: July 2, 2020 You passed the medical exam. (This update disappeared and changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes" after a ghost update yesterday)
Review of additional documents:
Changed from "We do not need additional documents" to "Not Applicable" after the ghost update yesterday
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: Feb 27, 2020 Completed.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
When did you actually complete your medical? Mine did that after it had been 1 year since I had given my medical, as it had then expired. Waiting for it to be extended or for them to tell me to go and get another one.

Sudharbala

Jan 26, 2018
When did you actually complete your medical? Mine did that after it had been 1 year since I had given my medical, as it had then expired. Waiting for it to be extended or for them to tell me to go and get another one.
I completed my upfront medicals in Jan 2020. My spouse`s medical was completed in July as it was differed due to pregnancy and completed June 2020. I had called IRCC 2 weeks back and they mentioned the medicals were valid till 27 Feb 2021. I guess its one year from the date the biometrics were completed, although not sure about this.

Vikram_GTA

Aug 14, 2020
My medical results changed and it say, "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.", and additional documents changed to "We do not need additional documents", I think this might be a ghost update. Although, I'm not sure if I can make any sense out of this.
Looking on the bright side, hope this means something.

EE:CEC
CRS: 488
ITA : Jan 8, 2020
AOR: FEB 9, 2020
Medical passed: Feb 19, 2020
Biometrics: Feb 26, 2020
Background check: in progress

JoeffinJoseph

Feb 17, 2021
Hi can anyone confirm if they have received Copr ? My Aor was on feb 15, 2020 .. biometrics oct 23,2020 .. requested for Gcms notes dec 2020 it stated criminality and info sharing pending .. still waiting for Copr and my visa office is Ottawa .. anyone in similar situation?

Eagle_2020

Jan 27, 2021
Hi can anyone confirm if they have received Copr ? My Aor was on feb 15, 2020 .. biometrics oct 23,2020 .. requested for Gcms notes dec 2020 it stated criminality and info sharing pending .. still waiting for Copr and my visa office is Ottawa .. anyone in similar situation?
Same here. Everything passed. Just waiting for the final decision since October, 2020.

aoctr

Oct 10, 2020
Congratulations! Have you ever applied for GCMS notes?
Yup, the latest one I received was issued in November, 2020. It showed criminality was in progress.. and then I called IRCC right before Christmas season and the representative said same as ATIP record. FYI, I completed biometrics on Oct 29, 2020. VO is Ottawa.

Aman1390

Dec 13, 2019
Hi i am in the same boat
Aor 13 jan 2020
Eligibility passed
Medical passed but not required
Additional docs not applicable
And background under processing from last 8 months and no single update
Gcms says eveis good background check is processing
Please someone guide me

Sudharbala

Jan 26, 2018
Finally I got COPR as of Feb 16, 2021. It takes exactly 1 year since I got the invitation. My AOR is Feb 26, 2020 and inland applicant
Congratulations. Could you let us know how long it took for security and background checks?

aoctr

Oct 10, 2020
Congratulations. Could you let us know how long it took for security and background checks?
Honestly I don’t know actually how long background check took. As far as I know, my process was pending since end of May due to biometrics (service canada was closed). I passed eligibility in May and nothing was updated since then. I completed bio in end of October and suddenly I got copr. So I think ircc works on backlogs in reverse order by aor. You will get copr soon too as long as you don’t need to submit any extra document.

sat2

Aug 27, 2019
Hi, My AOR is 24th Feb 2020. I am seeing still background check is in progress.
Visa Office: Ottawa
BIO ins Letter: 05th March 2020
Bio Given: 14th Oct 2020

No updates after that. I have seen one ghost update two weeks ago. :(