+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicant - AOR Received - Converting Inland to Outland

Vim2023

Nov 9, 2023
Hello everyone,

We applied for PR and received an ITA through CEC category. I am the primary applicant living in Canada and my husband is secondary applicant, he is on H1B in states. My Public Policy PGWP is applicable till mid 2025 and my husband has a visitor visa for about 8 more years. I got invitation through CEC and after completing one year of employment we submitted the documents; We received AOR (November 2) right after we submitted.

I am planning to move to states at the end of this year. I would have completed 13-14 months of employment. If I resign now would it create problems in our PR application? We are planning to update US address once I move, I believe that would change the country of residence to US.

Is there any chance Resigning from a Canadian Job would lead to refusal of PR application?
How would the process change if primary applicant change country of residence? Inland to Outland?

We have met all conditions of CEC. What more documents request could we anticipate from IRCC? We have shown Proof of Funds even if they are not required in CEC and we are planning to maintain those till we get our COPR. We believe an updated Police Clearance from US along with a medical exam would be required in the future. anything else?

Our end goal is to move to Canada in about a year or so and apply for Canadian Citizenship.

Is there anything we should keep in mind?

We would be travelling to Canada for my sister's wedding in summer. Is there any duration we would not be allowed to enter canada while application is being processed? or when it gets approved?

Please let us know your thoughts on this matter

Thanks

DLP9

Jan 25, 2023
Hi, did you get any information on this because we are on same boat, please let me if you find anything! Thanks.

helpneeded123

Apr 23, 2024
wondering if you got any help, i am in same bucket and looking for some assistance. moved to usa , got ita after moving, how do i move further, how to get pcc in usa for usa? pcc needed for canada also? as i was in canada earlier? any checklist document would tremendosuly help