+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - AOR Nov 2020 - Residential Address Request

SuhasNambiar

Mar 17, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I just received the below email from CIC requesting to confirm my residential address and my dependent spouse.

EMAIL RECEIVED:

"Dear __________,

Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information:
Please confirm your residential address for you and your dependent spouse.
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.
"

About my profile:
1. CEC Class - AOR in Nov 2020
2. Married and added spouse to my application in Mar 2021.
3. Spouse added to my EE profile and currently in India.
4. My Work permit valid till 2022 and have a permanent job.
5. Currently in India due to flight ban (Working from home).

Is this a normal scenario as I have already provided all my addresses and information to CIC?

My ideal residential address is the one in Canada. In this case, which address should I be giving CIC (Current one India, Canada or both)? Also, what address proof should I be providing for myself and my spouse? Will a Canadian driver's license do the job as my residential address proof?

Also, is there any format that I should follow as they have opened a folder named "Replacement Needed".

I only have 7 days and I would appreciate any help!

Best,
Suhas

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I just received the below email from CIC requesting to confirm my residential address and my dependent spouse.

EMAIL RECEIVED:

"Dear __________,

Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information:
Please confirm your residential address for you and your dependent spouse.
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.
"

About my profile:
1. CEC Class - AOR in Nov 2020
2. Married and added spouse to my application in Mar 2021.
3. Spouse added to my EE profile and currently in India.
4. My Work permit valid till 2022 and have a permanent job.
5. Currently in India due to flight ban (Working from home).

Is this a normal scenario as I have already provided all my addresses and information to CIC?

My ideal residential address is the one in Canada. In this case, which address should I be giving CIC (Current one India, Canada or both)? Also, what address proof should I be providing for myself and my spouse? Will a Canadian driver's license do the job as my residential address proof?

Also, is there any format that I should follow as they have opened a folder named "Replacement Needed".

I only have 7 days and I would appreciate any help!

Best,
Suhas
Maybe they need to double check based on your travel history from CBSA. What do you mean by "ideal residential address"? How long have you been living in India?

SuhasNambiar

Mar 17, 2021
I’m currently in India from January 16 and was supposed to leave back in May, which is when the flight ban on India kicked in.
In that case, as my residential address what should I be providing?

Is it okay to provide both India’s address and Canadian one?

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
I’m currently in India from January 16 and was supposed to leave back in May, which is when the flight ban on India kicked in.
In that case, as my residential address what should I be providing?

Is it okay to provide both India’s address and Canadian one?
Hey, did you receive any feedback yet from IRCC? I’m inside Canada. And I got the same request on June 7th as well as remedical request (which I passed on June 18th.) I sent them a letter stating my address.

dharanc

Sep 1, 2021
after about 2 months.
Hi Maria, I got the same request today, but I couldn't find where to upload the details, No instructions were provided on the Documents Submitted page.
Also, let me know what details you have submitted for residential proof
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. The following documents are required to
continue processing your application:
> Client Information: Please provided an updated current residential address for each
family member(s) included in the application. This must be received at this office by:

maria_222

Oct 26, 2021
Hi Maria, I got the same request today, but I couldn't find where to upload the details, No instructions were provided on the Documents Submitted page.
Also, let me know what details you have submitted for residential proof
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. The following documents are required to
continue processing your application:
> Client Information: Please provided an updated current residential address for each
family member(s) included in the application. This must be received at this office by:
Actually they don't need the proof, just list your current address for all members. I will ask my consultant for more details, and will reply you if I have any further information.

dharanc

Sep 1, 2021
Actually they don't need the proof, just list your current address for all members. I will ask my consultant for more details, and will reply you if I have any further information.
Thanks a lot, That would be helpful. but reviewing your timeline looks like it took two months to approval after submitting the Residential address

maria_222

Oct 26, 2021
Thanks a lot, That would be helpful. but reviewing your timeline looks like it took two months to approval after submitting the Residential address
Yes, after submitting my current address, I waited 2 months to receive my approved letter, and 2 extra months to receive my ECOPR ( about two weeks ago). I just talked to my consultant, and she said she replied the address request through consultant channel.

Reactions: dharanc