+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC and possible salary requirements!

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
Hello! My story in a nutshell:

I am an international student, my wife has an open work permit, she currently works as an administrative assistant/property administrator in a real estate company. In a couple of months she completes the minimum 1 year full time experience, and we are thinking of applying through CEC for PR.
I know that administrative assistant (NOC 1221) is no longer on the list, so we'll use the property administrator (NOC 1224).

My question now: For her job, the minimum wage is 11 p/h, median 19 p/h and high 33p/h, all that from cic website, workingincanada.gc.ca,
she is getting 12 p/h, with the possibility of a raise after the first year has been completed.

Does CIC expects from a newcomer, with no canadian experience, working just over a year, to be actually paid with the median wage in his/her job?
Do we have as applicants to be paid the median, just after 1 year on any job?
It makes sense not to make less than the minimum on your profession, but I don't think that anyone who wants to go that CEC road, will get paid the median wage after a year on his/her job.

Do you know any cases that support or argue that? I read a few here, but were quite different (less than minimum, mistakes on calculating 1 year full time experience, wrong NOC occupation etc).

Any info or experience on that one, will be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Reactions: amanmann

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
I work with Property Admins every day and I would imagine that CIC are probably looking closer at any vocational classes that your wide has been taking. This, of course, differs between provinces but here in BC you need to be registered with the Real Estate Council of British Columbia to work as property admin for Strata, Rentals or a Realtor.

I'm in accounting side so I'm aware of how much they make here but (again) this differs with provinces.

Personally, if you wife has a year of work as a property admin and is carrying out the duties, apply and hope for the best.

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
Thank you for replying!

She will have a full year, carrying out most of the duties described in the NOC list, but not all, as CEC states that at least some of them have to be performed.

I am aware of this difference in BC as per that occupation, but there is not such thing in Toronto,ON where we live.

That's my feeling, prepare, apply, hope and pray!

amanmann

Jan 20, 2019
Hello! My story in a nutshell:

I am an international student, my wife has an open work permit, she currently works as an administrative assistant/property administrator in a real estate company. In a couple of months she completes the minimum 1 year full time experience, and we are thinking of applying through CEC for PR.
I know that administrative assistant (NOC 1221) is no longer on the list, so we'll use the property administrator (NOC 1224).

My question now: For her job, the minimum wage is 11 p/h, median 19 p/h and high 33p/h, all that from cic website, workingincanada.gc.ca,
she is getting 12 p/h, with the possibility of a raise after the first year has been completed.

Does CIC expects from a newcomer, with no canadian experience, working just over a year, to be actually paid with the median wage in his/her job?
Do we have as applicants to be paid the median, just after 1 year on any job?
It makes sense not to make less than the minimum on your profession, but I don't think that anyone who wants to go that CEC road, will get paid the median wage after a year on his/her job.

Do you know any cases that support or argue that? I read a few here, but were quite different (less than minimum, mistakes on calculating 1 year full time experience, wrong NOC occupation etc).

Any info or experience on that one, will be appreciated!

Thanks!!!
Did it work???