+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC After studying in canada

gavindias

Jun 10, 2018
Hi,

i completed my 2 years course in canada and recently i got a job offer. the organisation is based out of montreal.
i know quebec has its own PR process.
if i take that can i apply for PR under CEC and while applying can i mentioned the preferred province as ontario?

i want to know if i move to montreal, can i still apply for CEC and choose ontario as my provience?

Thanks.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You can apply but you need to show intent to settle outside Quebec—looking for jobs and housing in Ontario, terminating your lease in Quebec, etc. Is there a reason you don't want to go down the PEQ route?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,

i completed my 2 years course in canada and recently i got a job offer. the organisation is based out of montreal.
i know quebec has its own PR process.
if i take that can i apply for PR under CEC and while applying can i mentioned the preferred province as ontario?

i want to know if i move to montreal, can i still apply for CEC and choose ontario as my provience?

Thanks.
You will probably have to move out of Quebec when applying or have a signed lease or lined up job in another province when you apply. It is not uncommon to see people having their applications refused simply because they were living and working there when they applied. I would suggest go work for 1 or 2 years, then quit and move to a different province and then apply, if what I mentioned earlier is not doable.