+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - added spouse during processing and beyond normal processing time !

KeezM

Apr 4, 2018
Hey guys,

First time poster here, long time lurker. I am looking for anyone who had the same troubles as me ....

Times
AOR: Feb 2018
Medical Passed: Feb 25, 2018
Married: April 30, 2018
Webform Status change: May 10, 2018
PPR as single: May 30, 2018
Webform Status change: May 30, 2018
Uploaded Spouse documents: July 25, 2018.
Spouse Medicals passed: July, 2018
Application moved to Vancouver Office
Background check since then !
Spouse in India
My PGWP ends on June 14,2019

I have called the support several times, but I get the same answer... Still in background checks! So essentially I been living away from spouse for almost a year, great going ! Sigh, before you judge me, I did take two months vacation to live with her :/
I am at my wits end guys, I have no idea what to do anymore ! it has affected my career drastically, my next step in career needs a Permanent residence as the minimum. I am stuck in my same position while pretty much every one who finished after me has gone on with their dream job. I am trying to keep myself motivated but the uncertainty kills me, eats me !

I am gonna have to apply for my BOWP soon eh ? also after BOWP should I apply for SOWP ? and for the icing on the cake, visit visa for spouse will be rejected as soon as they see it, from what I have heard.

I am looking for ideas :/

Matt

Vdpatel143

Jul 27, 2018
Im in the same boat. Its been 6 month and 12 days no updates yet! My name and UCI number shows as dependent in her profile. Need help, i should order GCMS notes ?

Ankitha

Jun 25, 2019
I am in the same situation now, did u guys receive PR?? If so please share the timeline

Last edited:

aviator777

May 31, 2016
Hi guys, I am CEC inland applicant. AOR 17may and Biometrics submitted on 2Nov. Still Waiting for COPR. Eligibility passed, criminality in process, security and medical not started. Now, I am planing for my wedding end of Dec which will be outside canada and I will away for a week. I called Cic call enter for my options to avoid COPR issued while I am away. So, She adviced to inform cic via webform for the week I will be away and also mention that I will be adding spouse to my present application. I need clarification on few things;
1) Is it good idea to add spouse at this time? I believe if I do another application later on it will take allot of time.
2)Will cic officer be generous enough to accept such requests?
3) if you have any other suggestions, that will be appreciated. Thank you