+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC 1 Year work experience including maternity leave

amarbir1800

Apr 6, 2023
Hi All

I have a query regarding work experience which includes maternity leave. Actually, I came to Canada on Apr'22 and went on maternity leave in Dec'22. I am currently on parental leave now. I received an ITA in Mar'23. My question is I don't have any pay stubs to show after December'22 whereas my employer has provided a reference/experience letter to the current date. I wanted to ask how to handle this while showing work experience. I am planning to resume work again in June'23 with the same employer.
- Shall I specifically mention maternity leave in an LOE?
- Is there any issue that could arise w.r.t to prove 1-year experience?

If anyone has encountered such a scenario, please share your experience.
Thanks in advance.

gulam.23996

Mar 16, 2023
Hi All

I have a query regarding work experience which includes maternity leave. Actually, I came to Canada on Apr'22 and went on maternity leave in Dec'22. I am currently on parental leave now. I received an ITA in Mar'23. My question is I don't have any pay stubs to show after December'22 whereas my employer has provided a reference/experience letter to the current date. I wanted to ask how to handle this while showing work experience. I am planning to resume work again in June'23 with the same employer.
- Shall I specifically mention maternity leave in an LOE?
- Is there any issue that could arise w.r.t to prove 1-year experience?

If anyone has encountered such a scenario, please share your experience.
Thanks in advance.
Hi,

How did you handle the situation?