+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CDN living in Canada, working in US for a US company.... 16 years now need help!!!!

Nov 19, 2019
After 16 years, many promotions, and a Canadian Business that sold to a UK company, who sold to a US PE Firm, I find myself in CBP secondary screening wondering if I can enter the US anymore.
I am the only Canadian, and live with family in Canada, working for the now US based company.
I am an executive of the company and hold equity, but because my primary role is US based (travel multiple times a month, they are questioning my access for work purposes and I was told I’m going to need my HR to get official authorization for me to remain eligible to work in US since my company is based there and we do little to no business in Canada direct.

I need help to understand my options. Anyone?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
After 16 years, many promotions, and a Canadian Business that sold to a UK company, who sold to a US PE Firm, I find myself in CBP secondary screening wondering if I can enter the US anymore.
I am the only Canadian, and live with family in Canada, working for the now US based company.
I am an executive of the company and hold equity, but because my primary role is US based (travel multiple times a month, they are questioning my access for work purposes and I was told I’m going to need my HR to get official authorization for me to remain eligible to work in US since my company is based there and we do little to no business in Canada direct.

I need help to understand my options. Anyone?
You need to post this question to a US immigration forum.