+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CCB, TTN, and a whole lot of confusion

lgtaylor1992

Jan 11, 2018
Hi!

I have been trying to apply for CCB for my first-born son, who was born here in Canada last year. However, my husband is here on a clergy visitor record, and I am here as a dependent with a visitor record. The difference is, I cannot work here in Canada. Anyway, I tried to apply for CCB through my husband because he has a SIN. They denied him and gave me a TTN just last month. NOW they're saying that I am eligible, but they cannot calculate how much my son should get, because they need my tax files... But I have never filed taxes, but I didn't even have a TTN until just last week.

Anyone know if this will prevent us from receiving CCB? Or anyone know what I should do? Thanks :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi!

I have been trying to apply for CCB for my first-born son, who was born here in Canada last year. However, my husband is here on a clergy visitor record, and I am here as a dependent with a visitor record. The difference is, I cannot work here in Canada. Anyway, I tried to apply for CCB through my husband because he has a SIN. They denied him and gave me a TTN just last month. NOW they're saying that I am eligible, but they cannot calculate how much my son should get, because they need my tax files... But I have never filed taxes, but I didn't even have a TTN until just last week.

Anyone know if this will prevent us from receiving CCB? Or anyone know what I should do? Thanks :)
Hi

How long have you been in Canada? Have either of you filed taxes in Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
U

Uuuh Im pretty sure I did.... but it was with the application my husband sent in. When they gave me a TTN they reapplied for me so I don't know if any of the documents regarding my income (or lack thereof) transferred over .
What exactly is CRA saying?

lgtaylor1992

Jan 11, 2018
@canuck_in_uk

First letter
:
We are writing about your CCB application.

(They assign me a TTN)

We have processed your application using this TTN.

Second letter (a few weeks later)
...we cannot calculate the amount you may be entitled to receive for all periods because we do not have all the necessary information. If you provide the information we ask for in the Explanation section, we will process it and let you know if you are entitled.
(Back of letter)
We determined that you are eligible for SONs NAME
We cannot calculate the amount of the CCB/BCECTB you may be entitled to receive without the following information:
- your 2016 and 2017 income tax and benefit return

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk

First letter
:
We are writing about your CCB application.

(They assign me a TTN)

We have processed your application using this TTN.

Second letter (a few weeks later)
...we cannot calculate the amount you may be entitled to receive for all periods because we do not have all the necessary information. If you provide the information we ask for in the Explanation section, we will process it and let you know if you are entitled.
(Back of letter)
We determined that you are eligible for SONs NAME
We cannot calculate the amount of the CCB/BCECTB you may be entitled to receive without the following information:
- your 2016 and 2017 income tax and benefit return
File 2016 and 2017 returns.

May 1, 2020
I am in work visa and my spouse have visitor record. To apply for child benefit She need TTN . Then I will file last 2 year tax return for her to get CCB benefit. So I want to know what is the process to apply for TTN ? I didn't find anything mentioned in CRA website and now due to pandemic no one picking phone in CRA customer service also :(.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am in work visa and my spouse have visitor record. To apply for child benefit She need TTN . Then I will file last 2 year tax return for her to get CCB benefit. So I want to know what is the process to apply for TTN ? I didn't find anything mentioned in CRA website and now due to pandemic no one picking phone in CRA customer service also :(.
I can't answer your question. However it's definitely possible to get through to CRA. You just have to be prepared to remain on the phone and wait quite a while. My husband had to call twice over the last few weeks and got through both times. They are certainly answering phones right now.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
You didn’t find it online , because there’s no application. There’s a non resident tax number , but that’s only assigned for non resident individuals. Write into your tax centre , explain the situation and they’ll forward it to the correct department to assign you one
Note , make sure you send in copies of all supporting documents, or they’ll just send it all back, and you’ll start from square one
Don’t assume they should know
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/tax-centres.html