+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CCB direct deposit info needs to be re-submitted, how & where?

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Hi, we applied for CCB about 5 weeks ago and today received a letter stating that the direct deposit letter was not signed (i only sent the bank direct deposit form as a reference of bank account, as the on call-support person told that would be good enough).
Now, they ask to submit the 'request' again, including void cheque or make bank stamp it.
It does not mention what they mean by request however. Im fearing if its the whole application, or just the direct deposit docs.. Anyone has had this happen to them?
I found the 'direct deposit enrollment form' online and thought maybe thats what they mean by request, but it states to send it over to Quebec, which is weird since our revenue agency is in Winnipeg.
Super confused now..
Will surely call them tomorrow, but seeing how we got wrong info from phone support in past, not feeling very confident, and really dont want to drag out the whole process too much by sending the wrong documents or to the wrong office.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did they give you a cheque?

One time they sent me letter from QC, one time from NL and other time from ON. So how do you know which is your revenue agency?

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Did they give you a cheque?

One time they sent me letter from QC, one time from NL and other time from ON. So how do you know which is your revenue agency?
Sounds like a chaos.. go figure. The address of Winnipeg was there for residents of Alberta when i filed for the ccb. We stay in Calgary. This letter we received also came from Winnipeg, so now very confused as it doesnt seem to make sense sending the docs to quebec. No cheques or anything. Im not even sure that its finished processing minus the bank details since its still so early, estimated time was some 11 weeks.
On the call right now with wait time 30 min. hopefully theyll be able to give correct info this time.

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Phew, we were able to update the banking info over the phone, although had a horribly long waiting time. So we wont have to guess the documents needed or what address to send them to.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Sounds like a chaos.. go figure. The address of Winnipeg was there for residents of Alberta when i filed for the ccb. We stay in Calgary. This letter we received also came from Winnipeg, so now very confused as it doesnt seem to make sense sending the docs to quebec. No cheques or anything. Im not even sure that its finished processing minus the bank details since its still so early, estimated time was some 11 weeks.
On the call right now with wait time 30 min. hopefully theyll be able to give correct info this time.
It is not " chaos", there are multiple tax centres across the country, as well as NVCC centres as well, National Verification and Collection Centres, as well as Payroll Centres. Just because you send a document to a centre does not mean it gets processed their. Winnipeg could be your Personal Income Tax Centre, but then your benefits application gets sent to a benefit centre. On the otherhand, most people don't know how to properly fill in an application so that just adds to the "chaos", per se

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/recgen/pdf/canada-eng.pdf

Don't see where there is the confusion, there is a signature line, and a address to send it in
Note, reread your comment, This application was found by googling. Direct Deposit Form CRA..

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
It is not " chaos", there are multiple tax centres across the country, as well as NVCC centres as well, National Verification and Collection Centres, as well as Payroll Centres. Just because you send a document to a centre does not mean it gets processed their. Winnipeg could be your Personal Income Tax Centre, but then your benefits application gets sent to a benefit centre. On the otherhand, most people don't know how to properly fill in an application so that just adds to the "chaos", per se

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/recgen/pdf/canada-eng.pdf

Don't see where there is the confusion, there is a signature line, and a address to send it in
the confusion was about the letter, which lacked instruction. There was no reference as to what they mean by submit request again - which request - whole ccb application, or just direct deposit request, and for that also - there was no reference to the official form (in fact for a while i wondered if i should hand-write a request before i found online the one you gave a link to), or mention of address to send it to (letter says one, but the form had a different address on it). All it would take is simple note: 'please send form XXX stamped by bank to this address'.
Even when filing ccb, there is no instruction on what all documents to include, so its largely a guessing game and we did need to get in touch over the phone before even sending it, to make sure we send all they needed.
Im generally not a complainer, and most settlement issues with government facilities were easy and effortless to complete, but this particular process has been quite a bit confusing.
Either way, happy it could be settled over the phone, so i dont have to guess any further. Their online system also 'could not proceed' unfortunately.