+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CCB Application – Is income information required for non-Canadian citizen?

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Hello all,

My wife and I have just moved to Canada along with our 2 kids. My wife was born in Canada but relocated to Trinidad with her parents when she was a baby (almost 30 years ago). Our two kids were born in Trinidad but have already obtained there Canadian Citizenship. My wife has recently applied to sponsor me via the Family Class inland route.

In Trinidad I was the breadwinner. My wife worked briefly (6 months) between the birth of our two children (born 2 years apart). She has never worked in Canada. We are seeking information on the Canadian Child Benefits (CCB) application.

Question 1: As the sole breadwinner for most of our children's lives in Trinidad, am I, as the Principal Applicant of the sponsorship application without PR status, required to supply my income information for the CCB application?

Question 2: Is my wife required to supply her income information for the six month period (2015-2016) which she worked in Trinidad between the births of our kids?

We have only just applied for sponsorship and have not as yet received acknowledgement of receipt (AOR).

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. Yes. You will need to provide family income for the past 2 years. She will also need to declare your international income at tax time.

2. No too far back.