+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA Report>Email

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Hello Friends,

I have a query regarding the travel history report request from CBSA.

As per their website,it seems they can deliver the report via email also.(*How would you prefer to receive the requested records? )

Any idea if this is something which will be acceptable by CIC for the citizenship application?

PS:I am aware that this is not a mandatory report but after going through this forum,it seems it's advisable to attach this report to avoid any delays in the application processing

cheers,

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IT applicant said:
Hello Friends,

I have a query regarding the travel history report request from CBSA.

As per their website,it seems they can deliver the report via email also.(*How would you prefer to receive the requested records? )

Any idea if this is something which will be acceptable by CIC for the citizenship application?

PS:I am aware that this is not a mandatory report but after going through this forum,it seems it's advisable to attach this report to avoid any delays in the application processing

cheers,
There's an option where you can allow CIC to contact CBSA to verify your entries and exits which is good. If they have doubts they will re-request it anyways!

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
In my opinion, it is better to get the report and send it to CIC yourself. You want to know exactly what they are looking at. If you let them get it directly, how do you know the report they get doesn't have mistakes?

Right now, the processing times are so long that the CBSA report is unlikely to cause any delays that wouldn't happen anyway.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
In my opinion, it is better to get the report and send it to CIC yourself. You want to know exactly what they are looking at. If you let them get it directly, how do you know the report they get doesn't have mistakes?

Right now, the processing times are so long that the CBSA report is unlikely to cause any delays that wouldn't happen anyway.
but you should also keep in mind that if we all start requesting CBSA reports, is that how you want the taxpayers money to be spent on - requesting not required document? I am not saying you should not, i am saying request if you have any doubt and if necessary. I am sure we can use the CBSA staff more effectively?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
sept15 said:
but you should also keep in mind that if we all start requesting CBSA reports, is that how you want the taxpayers money to be spent on - requesting not required document? I am not saying you should not, i am saying request if you have any doubt and if necessary. I am sure we can use the CBSA staff more effectively?
When it comes to your citizenship application, put your own interests first, not the taxpayers. Either way, CBSA has to run the report. If its for you or CIC, what's the difference? Besides, you can help keep Canada Post in business by mailing the report to CIC when you get it. 8)

Ultimately, its your choice. If you didn't travel a lot, maybe it doesn't matter. But if you made more than a few trips, I'd get that report yourself and make sure it corresponds to your records. I have seen border reports with many discrepancies based on whose running it, the nature of the query, how they spelled/misspelled your name, etc. Why take the chance that CIC gets something with errors all over it? You'd never know about until you have a problem maybe years down the road.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
links18 said:
When it comes to your citizenship application, put your own interests first, not the taxpayers. Either way, CBSA has to run the report. If its for you or CIC, what's the difference? Besides, you can help keep Canada Post in business by mailing the report to CIC when you get it. 8)

Ultimately, its your choice. If you didn't travel a lot, maybe it doesn't matter. But if you made more than a few trips, I'd get that report yourself and make sure it corresponds to your records. I have seen border reports with many discrepancies based on whose running it, the nature of the query, how they spelled/misspelled your name, etc. Why take the chance that CIC gets something with errors all over it? You'd never know about until you have a problem maybe years down the road.
Hi,
I am also interested in getting a CBSA report and attaching it with my application. The reason of doing that is that I have got some online education from outside of Canada and I completed atleast one semester of my online degree while living in Canada.As I need to submit transcripts for all of my studies completed during the last four years , CIC could be doubtful about my stay in Canada while looking at my International transcripts gained during my stay in Canada.

The CBSA report could be a good proof for my stay in Canada , however as I am thinking of applying immediately after completing my 1095 days (may be after a week of completing my physical presence) and CBSA does take few weeks to send the report .Will It be fine if I apply for the report few weeks before my 1095 days and get it just before applying ,although it wont include my all 1095 days ,still it will cover my online period of study which is actually my primary concern.

Kindly advise .

Thanks

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I ordered my CBSA 31 days a go and I asked them to send it to me by e-mail. since I haven't received it yet do you think is that a good idea to send an email to them and follow my request? my test date is on Thursday and I would better to have it in my interview.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept-30 said:
I ordered my CBSA 31 days a go and I asked them to send it to me by e-mail. since I haven't received it yet do you think is that a good idea to send an email to them and follow my request? my test date is on Thursday and I would better to have it in my interview.
Be sure to check the junk/spam folder in your e-mail account to make sure it didn't go there by mistake.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
I think you better obtain a CBSA report if you have lots of stamps in your passport (lots of travel especially to USA).
But if not, then you won't need that.

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I have a lot of stamp in my old passport but none of them belong to the time that concern them.since I became a permanent resident until I submitted my application I didn't leave Canada .

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept-30 said:
I have a lot of stamp in my old passport but none of them belong to the time that concern them.since I became a permanent resident until I submitted my application I didn't leave Canada .
If you didnt travel since you became PR, you dont have to worry much, when I requested for my ATIP/CBSA, it came after 35 days by mail, also I received the test invite letter by mail on the same day.

I have prepared CBSA, visa translation, T4, NOA, birth certificate etc.. for the test and interview, but after the test, during the interview officer even didnt bother to check my stamps (But I saw a copy of CBSA report in my file when she opens it).

She only asked me to show my PR in one of the European countries which I have declared in the original application, she want to see the original document of that PR, so I just took out my passport to show that page, and that's it.
Interview was only 4-5 minutes.
After 4 days I have received the OATH invite!

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
rizcom123 said:
If you didnt travel since you became PR, you dont have to worry much, when I requested for my ATIP/CBSA, it came after 35 days by mail, also I received the test invite letter by mail on the same day.

I have prepared CBSA, visa translation, T4, NOA, birth certificate etc.. for the test and interview, but after the test, during the interview officer even didnt bother to check my stamps (But I saw a copy of CBSA report in my file when she opens it).

She only asked me to show my PR in one of the European countries which I have declared in the original application, she want to see the original document of that PR, so I just took out my passport to show that page, and that's it.
Interview was only 4-5 minutes.
After 4 days I have received the OATH invite!
Thank you