+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA report at point of entry

Maysashahin90

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Dear all,
I have a question
Is it possible for a cbsa officer to report a PR without informing them?
Or not at the point of entry? I.e. later on and then send a letter to their address?
I have been subjected to a situation last time I came in November 2020, ans in that time I asked for an officer to stamp my passport for entry and he did but the date was 3 days before the actual arrival date, I panicked and called cbsa office and informed them, the officer said he will leave a note on the system.

I am worried that could negatively impact me in any way.

P.s. I am way within obligation, I became PR in November 2019 and added permanently in November 2020, I am just worried hence I I asking g

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Dear all,
I have a question
Or not at the point of entry? I.e. later on and then send a letter to their address?
I have been subjected to a situation last time I came in November 2020, ans in that time I asked for an officer to stamp my passport for entry and he did but the date was 3 days before the actual arrival date, I panicked and called cbsa office and informed them, the officer said he will leave a note on the system.

P.s. I am way within obligation, I became PR in November 2019 and added permanently in November 2020, I am just worried hence I I asking g
Apart from a few days off on the passport, does this impact you in anyway? When they scan your passport, it automatically gets recorded with that date in the system.
How do you think it will negatively impact you?

Maysashahin90

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Apart from a few days off on the passport, does this impact you in anyway? When they scan your passport, it automatically gets recorded with that date in the system.
How do you think it will negatively impact you?
Thank you, I am not worried about the actual date of entry, the pr card was scanned and I guess its on the system

I am worried about the note, could this note be a report to the IRCC? Could a cbsa officer report someone without telling them? All the stuff in that area

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you, I am not worried about the actual date of entry, the pr card was scanned and I guess its on the system

I am worried about the note, could this note be a report to the IRCC? Could a cbsa officer report someone without telling them? All the stuff in that area
Report you for what?

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015

To say it straight, you are having unfounded fears when you have done nothing wrong. CBSA has a FOSS system used to make notes about any interaction, but you dont have anything to be concerned about it seems.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Report suspicious activity, maybe the officer mistakenly took the information and wrote a note or a report that would impact something when it comes to future ircc transactions
Specially that the officer told me he will note it on the system
As I recall, he noted it in the system because you asked him to - because the date was wrong on your entry stamp. Nothing really to be suspicious about there.

As for whether he mistakenly wrote something nasty - well, that could be true of any interaction on any day.

You're overreacting and fantasizing about what could go wrong.

Maysashahin90

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
As I recall, he noted it in the system because you asked him to - because the date was wrong on your entry stamp. Nothing really to be suspicious about there.

As for whether he mistakenly wrote something nasty - well, that could be true of any interaction on any day.

You're overreacting and fantasizing about what could go wrong.
Makes sense, I didn't really ask for it, I explained it and he said It can't be changed but I will put a note for "the people who determine if you stayed for long outside Canada" quoting him on that.
P.S. this was over the phone and the only reason I asked for the stamp is for my work and the landlord to make sure I had my 14 days of quarantine

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Dear all,
I have a question

I believe you will be fine. When the CBSA officer tells you that he/she would put a note in their system, it means when they want to check your exit and entry records using CBSA, they would definitely see that note, and you will be fine. They don’t rely on stamps only. As far as I know, their main source is CBSA records, and you will be fine. Don’t worry.

Maysashahin90

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
I believe you will be fine. When the CBSA officer tells you that he/she would put a note in their system, it means when they want to check your exit and entry records using CBSA, they would definitely see that note, and you will be fine. They don’t rely on stamps only. As far as I know, their main source is CBSA records, and you will be fine. Don’t worry.
Thank you, yea he told me that this note is for the people who check if you have stayed long outside Canada, not sure if he meant them or the IRCC. I am worried about the implications of how will this be looked at by the IRCC? Will it be taken as a proactive move to change report a wrong stamp date or an attempt to create evidence which I wasn't I was just trying to get a proof of entrance for my landlord and my employer

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you, yea he told me that this note is for the people who check if you have stayed long outside Canada, not sure if he meant them or the IRCC. I am worried about the implications of how will this be looked at by the IRCC? Will it be taken as a proactive move to change report a wrong stamp date or an attempt to create evidence which I wasn't I was just trying to get a proof of entrance for my landlord and my employer
It will be looked at as a correction, and if they even think about it, since it doesn't benefit you in any way, they'll scratch their heads and wonder why you bothered or worried about it, like everyone here.

And then they'll move onto something else like you should.

Reactions: Maysashahin90

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
The most important source they would refer to for the purpose of assessing your physical presence situation is the CBSA report. Stamps are the second source the might refer to. Even if they find an inconsistency between the stamps and the CBSA report, they would see the note left by the CBSA officer in the system and would notice the reason behind it. There is nothing to worry about. The worst case scenario is that they don’t see the officer’s note, which is highly unlikely in my opinion. However, let’s discuss the worst case scenario. If IRCC officer miss the note in the system, the interviewer would ask you a simple short question about this inconsistency during the interview. Then, you would explain everything from A to Z, and you will be totally fine. That’s the worst of the worst case scenario that can happen, in which you will be fine. Needless to say, this scenario is highly unlikely. So, there is nothing to worry about. After becoming a citizen, you would remember these moments with a sweet smile on your face. Don’t worry then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maysashahin90

Maysashahin90

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
It will be looked at as a correction, and if they even think about it, since it doesn't benefit you in any way, they'll scratch their heads and wonder why you bothered or worried about it, like everyone here.

And then they'll move onto something else like you should.
Thank you, it's actually stressing me out as I tend to do that with every little mishap

Maysashahin90

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
The most important source they would refer to for the purpose of assessing your physical presence situation is the CBSA report. Stamps are the second source the might refer to. Even if they find an inconsistency between the stamps and the CBSA report, they would see the note left by the CBSA officer in the system and would notice the reason behind it. There is nothing to worry about. The worst case scenario is that they don’t see the officer’s note, which is highly unlikely in my opinion. However, let’s discuss the worst case scenario. If IRCC officer miss the note in the system, the interviewer would ask you a simple short question about this inconsistency during the interview. Then, you would explain everything from A to Z, and you will be totally fine. That’s the worst of the worst case scenario that can happen, in which you will be fine. Needless to say, this scenario is highly unlikely. So, there is nothing to worry about. After becoming a citizen, you would remember these moments with a sweet smile. Don’t worry then.
I appreciate your comment, I am actually worried that they see it, i don't want them to think I am trying to manufacture evidence as dpenabill mentioned in one of his comments on a similar post