+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA record issue - Do I correct or no?

jlb2327

Mar 18, 2024
Hello everyone,

I recently received my ATIP from the CBSA in anticipation of applying for citizenship

Everything is fine except I am missing one exit entry. It’s very strange since this exit was after the CBSA started collecting commercial exit data.

There is no stamp on my passport (entered home country with national ID) so it makes it hard to prove when I exited (entry back to Canada, a month later, is recorded properly)

Do I:
1/ contact CBSA to correct record? Does this create “noise”?
2/ do nothing and assume it will be okay? I reported the same exit date when I renewed my PR card a year ago:

Thank you!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently received my ATIP from the CBSA in anticipation of applying for citizenship

Everything is fine except I am missing one exit entry. It’s very strange since this exit was after the CBSA started collecting commercial exit data.

There is no stamp on my passport (entered home country with national ID) so it makes it hard to prove when I exited (entry back to Canada, a month later, is recorded properly)

Do I:
1/ contact CBSA to correct record? Does this create “noise”?
2/ do nothing and assume it will be okay? I reported the same exit date when I renewed my PR card a year ago:

Thank you!
You have tickets for that ?

jlb2327

Mar 18, 2024
Sadly this was 3 years ago and I’m not able to find the trip itself - I found a few receipts in Canada from the month before and a few photos from the trip itself but no tickets :(

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This. CBSA/IRCC are aware their systems do not provide 100% coverage nor guarantee error-free data. Just tell the truth, no need to try and correct.

Reactions: jlb2327

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Thank you!
What information did you submit with your ATIP request? I provided my UCI number and name, nationality etc but did not attach any documents because they were listed as optional. But my request was closed/rejected.

jlb2327

Mar 18, 2024
UCI + scans of PR and Passport

An analyst reached out to me by email and asked for those files - so maybe you missed a follow up email?

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
UCI + scans of PR and Passport

An analyst reached out to me by email and asked for those files - so maybe you missed a follow up email?
Thank you. No, the request was rejected within 24 hours. I'll try submitting again with PR and passport.