+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA question

Gdobssor

Feb 28, 2018
Hey. I was on an IEC visa and it expired. I applied for another work permit, was on implied status until it was refused. I was out of status for almost three months, and applied for restoration just before the deadline, which was approved a few weeks ago. I now have legal status again. I got a phone call from my neighbor saying that immigration turned up looking for me while I was away. According to him, they had deportation papers and a plane ticket. Thing is, he has been known to exaggerate things before in order to shit stir, and I have legal status restored - so why would they have come? The only other communication I got from them was a letter saying my restoration was approved. I'm just really really confused.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I would suggest contacting them to confirm your status.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey. I was on an IEC visa and it expired. I applied for another work permit, was on implied status until it was refused. I was out of status for almost three months, and applied for restoration just before the deadline, which was approved a few weeks ago. I now have legal status again. I got a phone call from my neighbor saying that immigration turned up looking for me while I was away. According to him, they had deportation papers and a plane ticket. Thing is, he has been known to exaggerate things before in order to shit stir, and I have legal status restored - so why would they have come? The only other communication I got from them was a letter saying my restoration was approved. I'm just really really confused.
1, Unlikely that they would have a plane ticket and deportation order.
2. It is possible that they were looking for you if you worked after your IEC expired.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As said above, if you worked illegally, they may have come about that.

Also, when they do an enforcement action, they can't go around announcing to the neighbors "Hey! This guy is being deported, here is his plane ticket!" Big violation of privacy. If they talked to anyone, they would have just said that they needed to speak to you.

Reactions: mamgain

Gdobssor

Feb 28, 2018
I just... If there was an enforcement action against me, why would they have given me a restoration? And if they really needed to talk to me, couldn't they have called me?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I just... If there was an enforcement action against me, why would they have given me a restoration? And if they really needed to talk to me, couldn't they have called me?
They may have received information after you were approved for Restoration. They generally don't call because if they tell a person over the phone that they will be removing them from Canada, that person is liable to run.

At this point, you don't even know for sure that they were there, let alone why.

Gdobssor

Feb 28, 2018
They may have received information after you were approved for Restoration. They generally don't call because if they tell a person over the phone that they will be removing them from Canada, that person is liable to run.

At this point, you don't even know for sure that they were there, let alone why.
If I call them tomorrow, what would they be willing to tell me?

Gdobssor

Feb 28, 2018
Hi
1, Unlikely that they would have a plane ticket and deportation order.
Neighbor definitely used the words, airline ticket and deportation papers. Another person said that any officers that he did speak to wouldn't have shown him anything because it's an invasion of privacy. As I said before, I am skeptical of his account of things as he has lied to me before and exaggerated things in order to cause trouble. But, I just think something like this has to be taken seriously. You said it was unlikely they'd do it that way - may I ask what they normally do when they have to see someone?