+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cbsa called for an interview to discuss my study permit

Rohit0724

May 14, 2019
Cbsa officer called me to discuss my study permit. I am afraid that if they deport me. My visa to stay here still has 6 months on it.

I was placed on academic suspension once but during that time i was studying in other institute. I have missed one semester but that was summer which is considered official break.
It is bothering me so much?
Should i approach a lawyer ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Cbsa officer called me to discuss my study permit. I am afraid that if they deport me. My visa to stay here still has 6 months on it.

I was placed on academic suspension once but during that time i was studying in other institute. I have missed one semester but that was summer which is considered official break.
It is bothering me so much?
Should i approach a lawyer ?
Did he tell you to make a payment in ITunes cards also? Follow this guide and don't fall into scams.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1203&top=31

Reactions: mircearos

H_arman22

May 14, 2019
If call is real could the school have reported you?
Would u qualify for the new rule of150days since u were actively pursuing school during suspension?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Would u qualify for the new rule of150days since u were actively pursuing school during suspension?
99.99% IRCC will never call you. You will always be informed by regular mail about any action take against you. You will always have at least one chance to make your case.

Never listen to people calling you and telling you that you have been deported, suspended etc. Either you will get a letter from CIC informing you about their decision. In extreme cases you will have a warrant against you and you will be deported.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Academic suspension has nothing to do with immigration status. He has gone to another institution to study. As long as he informed IRCC about change of institution, there will be no problems.

Reactions: Evankc

H_arman22

May 14, 2019
99.99% IRCC will never call you. You will always be informed by regular mail about any action take against you. You will always have at least one chance to make your case.
On another thread the person said they called back the VO.so
I disagree on this because everything now is done online.each VO may have their own way of investigating.But what if student have not updated address..they can just say they never received letter.

Last edited:

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
On another thread the person said they called back the VO.so
I disagree on this because everything now is done online.each VO may have their own way of investigating.But what if student have not updated address..they can just say they never received letter.
If they don't update the address, then they forfeit any chance of addressing the issue and if caught, they will be deported, it's as simple as that. You cannot call the Visa Officer.

H_arman22

May 14, 2019
Then this poster must have made this story up..they were on another thread saying that they called back the VO. and that during their suspension he/she attended classes at bcit..now i cannot find the thread.im 100% sure there was another thread that same poster wrote