+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBC Media Asked to Post story for Delays in Inland Sponsorship

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Few days back i read about CBC media asking other applicants to post their story on the website. Since many of us are in delays of inland sponsorship. why don't we submit to CBC... see the link below...

"
Are you in immigration limbo? Do you have a personal story to share with us?

Contact us by e-mail through our website. "

see the link below.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-march-2-2015-1.2978052/immigration-delays-leave-thousands-of-couples-in-limbo-1.2978078

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: CBC Media Asked to post story for inland sponsorship...delays

This is good exposure - however I wish the CBC would do a better job of researching before publishing. They always seem to get at least one big fact wrong...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

scylla said:
This is good exposure - however I wish the CBC would do a better job of researching before publishing. They always seem to get at least one big fact wrong...
Exactly!

And while they wait for status, these spouses are not eligible for health care, can't leave the country, and most can not work.

But, at least they're trying to help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I was mainly focusing of the "most cannot work" bit. Clearly the CBC completely missed the boat on the OWP pilot program. It's just bad/lazy journalism...

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014

scylla said:
I was mainly focusing of the "most cannot work" bit. Clearly the CBC completely missed the boat on the OWP pilot program. It's just bad/lazy journalism...
my assumption is that part was strategically left out to gain bigger sympathy. if the media says the government began a 1 year pilot program to ensure inland applicants CAN work "while they wait", then my guess people would not think the total wait time isn't that big of a deal, and CBC wouldn't have "done their job" to get attention on the situation.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga

Ponga said:
Exactly!

And while they wait for status, these spouses are not eligible for health care, can't leave the country, and most can not work.

But, at least they're trying to help.

At least we have media listening to our true stories and pain we are going thru.....hope CIC listens ..after family unification is somthing most pivotal part of humanity and society.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

CBC doesn't really care about immigrants or applicants. they only want cases against the conservative government at this point. mind you, the election is near. i haven't seen them post anything regarding OHIP or other provincial benefits related to Ontario, which is necessary for most of the spouses as well. We should be looking for similar benefits as BC or Alberta but we all know the provincial govt is in a heap of mess.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga

chakrab said:
CBC doesn't really care about immigrants or applicants. they only want cases against the conservative government at this point. mind you, the election is near. i haven't seen them post anything regarding OHIP or other provincial benefits related to Ontario, which is necessary for most of the spouses as well. We should be looking for similar benefits as BC or Alberta but we all know the provincial govt is in a heap of mess.
In my opinion, the media is neutral, not biased... basically the more cases cbc media know, would get more awareness to the common people , thus pushing the govt to take some action. Keep in mind... "Democratic Govt is by the people and for the people"

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

scylla said:
They also don't mention how in so many cases the applicants should have applied outland instead, which CIC actually recommends people to do in their inland guide.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014

Rob_TO said:
They also don't mention how in so many cases the applicants should have applied outland instead, which CIC actually recommends people to do in their inland guide.
yes! this is my biggest annoyance with these articles. they never mention this AT ALL. while i understand many felt inland was the best route at the time, it is quite well known (and even suggested in the inland guide) that applicants will benefit from applying from outside of canada, even when they are IN canada.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Rob_TO said:
CIC has updated the Inland Guide (1 March 2015):

The family class is aimed at faster processing of spouse or common‑law partner applications from applicants outside Canada.

Processing times for spouses or common‑law partners in Canada are generally longer.

The person being sponsored
can apply to a visa office outside Canada to take advantage of the family class processing standard. Processing times for applications processed in Canada are posted online.

I don't recall that being in bold in previous versions of the guide. It looks like CIC is trying to clarify this, but the language is still somewhat vague, IMHO, because the first sentence [above] says "...from applicants outside Canada". Even a few smart people here haven't been able to decipher this correctly.

Also, the update to the guide still shows that legal status is required to apply, which was first shown in the September 2014 update.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga

Ponga said:
CIC has updated the Inland Guide (1 March 2015):

The family class is aimed at faster processing of spouse or common‑law partner applications from applicants outside Canada.

Processing times for spouses or common‑law partners in Canada are generally longer.

The person being sponsored
can apply to a visa office outside Canada to take advantage of the family class processing standard. Processing times for applications processed in Canada are posted online.

I don't recall that being in bold in previous versions of the guide. It looks like CIC is trying to clarify this, but the language is still somewhat vague, IMHO, because the first sentence [above] says "...from applicants outside Canada". Even a few smart people here haven't been able to decipher this correctly.

Also, the update to the guide still shows that legal status is required to apply, which was first shown in the September 2014 update.

I guess the idea is to create more awareness about the delay!!

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015

Rob_TO said:
Agreed. A friend sponsored his wife who is visa exempt through inland process. She just recently gave birth to their first child and the hospital bill was over $3k. They had applied back in 2013. She just recently received work permit.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga

warzo said:
Agreed. A friend sponsored his wife who is visa exempt through inland process. She just recently gave birth to their first child and the hospital bill was over $3k. They had applied back in 2013. She just recently received work permit.
Hope more people get aware about the delay throughout the nation thru CBC.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015

Rob_TO said:
There was one article where they interviewed an immigration lawyer (or so he said), who had apparently worked at CIC in the past. The article was talking about a US-Canadian couple, and he said that the processing time would have been 30 months (or something like that), because they would have to go through LA, and that they would have to live apart for that whole time, because they have to be outside the country.

I burst out laughing at that point and stopped reading.