+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAST AND NAME......REPLIES FROM LEON+BOBBYB,AND OTHER SENIORS

mary83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
pk
In asian countries there are alot of problems with names written on education documents and other important papers.
Same is the case with my husband.
His cast is "chaudhry" ,which is unintentionally written on his national identity card and also on his passport.(even on my id card's husband name section and my daughter's birth certificate)

But the problem is that this cast (chaudhry) is not written on all his education documents and even his father's cast (chaudhry) is also not written on his degrees.
plz i want to know that is it ok or will create problem for me.
As addresses are not mention on all educational transcripts then how will i prove that these degrees are genuine??

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your husband is Principla Applicant? he may include one explanation letter , i.e legalized/notarized to CIC, also he must include his educational name as "other name has been used" in Backgroud Decleration fourm question number "3" where they asked

3- Other names you are or have been using
(including name at birth, previous married names, aliases)

Hope this may work. This is common problem in applicants from Pakistan/India, etc and hope cic understand this too. Good luck.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, send an explanation letter explaining this name and why it appears on some of the documents only.

mary83

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
pk
Thankyou leon and mahharrouf

but im principal applicant not my husband.what u say about this now?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are sending any of your husband documents with different names on them, you need to include an explanation letter for why the name is not the same.