+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cash Payment

kunalhp26

Aug 24, 2017
Hello everyone,
I need your advise on my Express Entry profile.
I had 1 year Full time Job experience in back home where i worked in Chartered Accountant firm which also falls under NOC Category.
But only worrying factor is that i got my salary in cash, i use to sign off the cash voucher and took my salary.
Also, its below the taxation limit so i never fill out any taxation return in back home.

Is it possible to consider that job experience as am getting cash salary.

Please your advise is highly needed and much appreciated.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello everyone,
I need your advise on my Express Entry profile.
I had 1 year Full time Job experience in back home where i worked in Chartered Accountant firm which also falls under NOC Category.
But only worrying factor is that i got my salary in cash, i use to sign off the cash voucher and took my salary.
Also, its below the taxation limit so i never fill out any taxation return in back home.

Is it possible to consider that job experience as am getting cash salary.

Please your advise is highly needed and much appreciated.
That is fine. You need to ask your employer for an Employment Letter and/or a Job offer letter which mentions your job description, work timings, your start date and if your employment has ended then in the case an experience letter or letter of termination from the employer. Along with all of this, ask your employer to provide you with the pay stubs / salary-slips for the most recent salaries [latest 6 months] that he has paid to you.

Reactions: kunalhp26

kunalhp26

Aug 24, 2017
thank you for your help

but my question is still not clear
I was getting my salary in CASH and I didn't receive any payslips from my employer
so in order to apply in Express Entry is it possible to consider that job Experience without having payslips.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
thank you for your help

but my question is still not clear
I was getting my salary in CASH and I didn't receive any payslips from my employer
so in order to apply in Express Entry is it possible to consider that job Experience without having payslips.
You did mention that you use to sign a cash voucher before taking your salary. Those cash vouchers can and are usually treated as pay slips. You should ask your employer for a copy of that cash voucher(s).

See, for Express Entry, the requirement is that you should be working full time, for which your employment/offer letter should suffice and and that your work should had been paid work, for which a bank statement showing regular deposits from the same person/company and the same/similar amount could be used as evidence, since you were paid in cash, you do not have such bank statements to prove your case, in the case, you would require copy of those cash vouchers as proof of payments made to you.

See, it is not illegal to accept cash payments as long as cash is declared and you pay your taxes according to the tax slabs you fall into. However, you need proof that you were being paid in Cash and you received those payments in cash and for that you need either salary/pay slips issued by your employer or those cash vouchers you had signed while receiving cash. Ask your employer to generate and give you salary slips or to give you copies for signed cash vouchers.

kunalhp26

Aug 24, 2017
Thank you Dotslash227

you really relief my tons of burden

I will ask my employer to provide me the copy of sign cash vouchers and also I will request them to mention each and everything in my reference letter/ experience letter that my duties/ duration of job I did/ explanation about that there are providing salary in cash of Rs.XXX and it is not taxable as it falls below taxable income limits.

are there any extra things I need to tell my employer to mention in my experience letter? please suggest

this forum is really a great help to whos who are in problem or facing some difficulties in Express Entry

Mar 2, 2020
You did mention that you use to sign a cash voucher before taking your salary. Those cash vouchers can and are usually treated as pay slips. You should ask your employer for a copy of that cash voucher(s).

See, for Express Entry, the requirement is that you should be working full time, for which your employment/offer letter should suffice and and that your work should had been paid work, for which a bank statement showing regular deposits from the same person/company and the same/similar amount could be used as evidence, since you were paid in cash, you do not have such bank statements to prove your case, in the case, you would require copy of those cash vouchers as proof of payments made to you.

See, it is not illegal to accept cash payments as long as cash is declared and you pay your taxes according to the tax slabs you fall into. However, you need proof that you were being paid in Cash and you received those payments in cash and for that you need either salary/pay slips issued by your employer or those cash vouchers you had signed while receiving cash. Ask your employer to generate and give you salary slips or to give you copies for signed cash vouchers.
Hello
My query is similar.
I worked for 2 years in a company where i used to get paid in cash and now i am working in another company where i receive salary in bank account. Unfortunately i don't have the pay slips or cash vouchers from my last employer. How can i prove the past work experience? I have the reference letter and appointment letter though

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello
My query is similar.
I worked for 2 years in a company where i used to get paid in cash and now i am working in another company where i receive salary in bank account. Unfortunately i don't have the pay slips or cash vouchers from my last employer. How can i prove the past work experience? I have the reference letter and appointment letter though
You need to have a reference letter from the employer stating your salary. They need not mention the mode of payment.

I did not submit any bank statements or cash vouchers or salary slips, just the reference letter along with the business card of the signee.

Mar 2, 2020
You need to have a reference letter from the employer stating your salary. They need not mention the mode of payment.

I did not submit any bank statements or cash vouchers or salary slips, just the reference letter along with the business card of the signee.
Actually the last firm was a local firm which started in 2017 ..so does this thing matter if the company is new and is local business

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Thank you Dotslash227

you really relief my tons of burden

I will ask my employer to provide me the copy of sign cash vouchers and also I will request them to mention each and everything in my reference letter/ experience letter that my duties/ duration of job I did/ explanation about that there are providing salary in cash of Rs.XXX and it is not taxable as it falls below taxable income limits.

are there any extra things I need to tell my employer to mention in my experience letter? please suggest

this forum is really a great help to whos who are in problem or facing some difficulties in Express Entry
Hi Can you please let me know your experience. Did you get the PR ? I am facing exactly same situation and not able to decide how to proceed forward. If it worked for you I can also follow the method. Update from you will be really valuable as you can relate to my situation at this moment.

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Nowhere in immigration refugee protection act is it written that cash salary is not allowed, but the onus is on you to prove it.

You need only papers:

1) Reference letter:

With ALL the details, as required by CIC plus mention of salary been paid in cash.

2) Salary Certificate:

A letter issued by employer on letterhead head, stating that employee was paid in CASH throughout the tenure, along with job title, tenure period and monthly salary (also annual salary).

Reactions: Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Nowhere in immigration refugee protection act is it written that cash salary is not allowed, but the onus is on you to prove it.

You need only papers:

1) Reference letter:

With ALL the details, as required by CIC plus mention of salary been paid in cash.

2) Salary Certificate:

A letter issued by employer on letterhead head, stating that employee was paid in CASH throughout the tenure, along with job title, tenure period and monthly salary (also annual salary).

Thank you very much for your response.

I can check with the employer and try to get the salary certificate. I have few follow up questions on this topic. It will be really helpful if you can guide me through it.

1. Is there any specific format provided by CIC for salary certificates or I can create one with detailed information and send it for approval / authorization to my employer so that I can certified copy from accounting department of my employer.

2. I also read about providing salary voucher's but this employment was 6 years back so I don't have them. Employer might have something as they used it for filling corporate taxes. Is there any value in putting efforts in getting those voucher's from employer ?

3. Have you came across anyone who used salary certificates OR voucher's and got PR without any issues ?

Reactions: MD ABDUR Rob

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Thank you very much for your response.

I can check with the employer and try to get the salary certificate. I have few follow up questions on this topic. It will be really helpful if you can guide me through it.

1. Is there any specific format provided by CIC for salary certificates or I can create one with detailed information and send it for approval / authorization to my employer so that I can certified copy from accounting department of my employer.

2. I also read about providing salary voucher's but this employment was 6 years back so I don't have them. Employer might have something as they used it for filling corporate taxes. Is there any value in putting efforts in getting those voucher's from employer ?

3. Have you came across anyone who used salary certificates OR voucher's and got PR without any issues ?

1) No specified format. Create a detailed certificate and get it signed / sealed from authorised department.

2) Salary Certificate + Reference Letter with mention of cash salary is enough.

3) Yes. Don’t worry.

God speed!

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
1) No specified format. Create a detailed certificate and get it signed / sealed from authorised department.

3) Yes. Don’t worry.

God speed!
Thank you very much for your help. This information was helpful I really appreciate it. I have reached out my employer and requested salary certificates.
Only question I have now is , How many salary certificates are required ?
- Should I ask for salary certificate for every financial year ? Or
- It should be single salary certificate highlighting entire tenure and monthly and yearly salary

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020

3) Yes. Don’t worry.

God speed!
Hi Please respond to my query. After today's FSW draw I think I will get ITA by today EOD. Really need your help in following question.

- It should be single salary certificate highlighting entire tenure and monthly and yearly salary

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Hi Please respond to my query. After today's FSW draw I think I will get ITA by today EOD. Really need your help in following question.

Single salary certificate with entire tenure and annual salary plus a break up of monthly salary.

Reactions: Holy Cow