+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cash Deposit & Proof of Income

ogokoo

Dec 17, 2018
Hi everyone. I have about $2,500 in cash savings which I'd like to deposit in my bank account in advance of getting the bank statements to use for proof of sufficient funds for Express Entry. Do I need to provide a statement as to where this money came from? Will it be of concern to the reviewing officers that this money did not come from my job direct deposit? Thanks in advance.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
An LOE would be required to showcase if this fund is available to you with no liabilities - Not borrowed.

ogokoo

Dec 17, 2018
An LOE would be required to showcase if this fund is available to you with no liabilities - Not borrowed.
So I would need to write a letter of explanation stating that this is my own savings and not borrowed money? Does this need to be certified by a notary?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
So I would need to write a letter of explanation stating that this is my own savings and not borrowed money? Does this need to be certified by a notary?
Notary wouldn't be required but do explain the source of funds

Chereappleas

Jun 7, 2023
house of hazards said:
Hi everyone. I have about $2,500 in cash savings which I'd like to deposit in my bank account in advance of getting the bank statements to use for proof of sufficient funds for Express Entry. Do I need to provide a statement as to where this money came from? Will it be of concern to the reviewing officers that this money did not come from my job direct deposit? Thanks in advance.
While there may not be a specific requirement to provide a statement on the source of the funds, it's important to be prepared to explain the origin of the money if requested. Providing truthful and accurate information is crucial to avoid any concerns or misunderstandings during the application process.