Case Transferred to Etobicoke - CEC and Ontario PNO

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
I just finished my call with IRCC

My AoR - Oct 12th
MES - Nov 17th
Eligibility - Not started
Security - Not started
Criminality - In Progress (I was requested RCMP and sent one month back Nov 30and no update on myCIC website)

I was informed my file has been transferred to Etobicoke, not sure what is the reason of transfer. The agent did not mention anything concerning. Any leads or anyone else case is transferred there?

PreferredRobot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Manitoba

My AoR - Oct 12th
MES - Nov 17th
Security - Not started
Criminality - In Progress (I was requested RCMP and sent one month back Nov 30and no update on myCIC website)

I was informed my file has been transferred to Etobicoke, not sure what is the reason of transfer. The agent did not mention anything concerning. Any leads or anyone else case is transferred there?
Our file was transferred 2 days ago :/ called and nothing in the notes.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other

My AoR - Oct 12th
MES - Nov 17th
Security - Not started

Once finalized, the file gets transferred to the LVO near the applicant’s city of residence for COPR issuance. If you’re in the GTA, your LVO is Etobicoke.

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Once finalized, the file gets transferred to the LVO near the applicant’s city of residence for COPR issuance. If you’re in the GTA, your LVO is Etobicoke.
I was told by IRCC agent that is not necessarily the case at the moment, they may just send email for new landing portal and keep in in Ottawa.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I was told by IRCC agent that is not necessarily the case at the moment, they may just send email for new landing portal and keep in in Ottawa.
Okay. First time hearing this. I got the PR confirmation portal email from Etobicoke not Ottawa.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
May be that is the case earlier. My file is not opened for last 2 months and nothing updated on status either from Nov end. I did submit positive RCMP. Last call to IRCC I got to know the exact date which is Dec 17th, clueless what is going on my case now.
Requested GCMS Notes and yet to get the same.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

My AoR - Oct 12th
MES - Nov 17th
Security - Not started

Sometimes files are transferred simply due to workload.
You can read about file transfers here.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
May be that is the case earlier. My file is not opened for last 2 months and nothing updated on status either from Nov end. I did submit positive RCMP. Last call to IRCC I got to know the exact date which is Dec 17th, clueless what is going on my case now.
Requested GCMS Notes and yet to get the same.
I’m still waiting for my COPR from Etobicoke (PR confirmation portal). I’m April 2020 AOR.

Anyways, wait for your notes and you may see more information. Your AOR is October 2020, so don’t be surprised if you don’t see much progress yet. You’re not even 4 months in the process. You can argue that there are other October AORs getting approved quite early, but that’s just luck of the draw.

Last edited:

rituppaatteell

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
My cec file was transferred on etobicoke on feb1,2022. Aor is may12,2021.
according to MP and notes. Eligibility passed, BC is passed and info sharing complete and medical passed too. Don’t know how much more time to wait.