+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Case Specific Inquiry

param18

Aug 3, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have applied student visa online on 15-06-2018 and I passed my medical exam within a few days of applying.After that my file is under process and there is no update on my online portal. It's been 49 days of application and my university start date and flight date is drawing near which are 27 august and 19 august.
what do I need to do?
should I file case specific inquiry? If yes,then what is a procedure and what is a list of documents.

f.hazari

Jul 26, 2018
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Hello there,
It is very absurd and wrong decision to book your flight as your application is still under progress to be in a decision.

The CIC has warned you not book any flights before any decision has been made.
Receiving a decision can take long as 10-60days or even more it is truly onto them.

Still, be optimistic on your attitude, maybe they are reviewing something on your credentials.

You can call them, or make a case specific enquiry and attach the written letter mentioning the start date of your semester, but do not include your plan for ticket bookings. Just let them know that it is very vital for you to receive a decision regarding the application. Do include the attachment of the offer letter where your start date is mentioned.

Reactions: param18

frustsaur

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have applied student visa online on 15-06-2018 and I passed my medical exam within a few days of applying.After that my file is under process and there is no update on my online portal. It's been 49 days of application and my university start date and flight date is drawing near which are 27 august and 19 august.
what do I need to do?
should I file case specific inquiry? If yes,then what is a procedure and what is a list of documents.
Don't mean to scare you off, but the canadian visa process is absolutely absurd. 49 Days is a decent enough time, and I sincerely hope that you get it before your travel.

People like me have been waiting for 90+ days (96 as of today to be precise), without any answer from them. Submitted case specific enquiry, but the reply was anything but specific. They just said "Application under process". My classes start from this Monday, and I have been given an extension of just 5 days. Which means, if I don't get my visa by tomrrow, im pretty screwed and have to defer my studies.

I did the same mistake of booking my flights in advance, because the process said that the processing time is 4-6 weeks, and I believed they'll stick to it. And now, I've had to cancel my tickets twice. a loss of 40k INR.

So, yea. Good luck to you, man. Hope you get it really soon. You could fill the case specific inquiry, but it is as good as useless.

Reactions: param18

Duglas25

Aug 3, 2018
Hello there,
It is very absurd and wrong decision to book your flight as your application is still under progress to be in a decision.

The CIC has warned you not book any flights before any decision has been made.
Receiving a decision can take long as 10-60days or even more it is truly onto them.

Still, be optimistic on your attitude, maybe they are reviewing something on your credentials.

You can call them, or make a case specific enquiry and attach the written letter mentioning the start date of your semester, but do not include your plan for ticket bookings. Just let them know that it is very vital for you to receive a decision regarding the application. Do include the attachment of the offer letter where your start date is mentioned.
First of all I think it is "absurd and wrong" to review study permit documents for over 50 days. I think it should be shame for any civilized and digitized country to review visa documents for more than 30 days. There is nothing wrong booking tickets earlier to benefit from early booking discounts. Additionally, you can always change or get refund for your tickets. Yes, I also agree that Param you should immediately file for case specific enquiry and try to get hold of them over the phone. I would also recommend to reach your school asking for any options of deferral of your studies. Good luck!

Reactions: progrey and param18