+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Case specific enquiry

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
Is it worth while doing a case specific enquiry?

If I inform them that I am past the 8 months mark and my background check has not started, will this have any positive impact and possibly prompt them to work on my app?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

If I inform them that I am past the 8 months mark and my background check has not started, will this have any positive impact and possibly prompt them to work on my app?
Doug...how is anyone going to know the answer to this? You constantly post about these things, and we've all been through it so I empathize, but how would any of us know that an officer is going to open a CSE and think to themselves "I better hustle on this app"????

You're not past the processing time, you don't have any ground to stand on here.

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
Doug...how is anyone going to know the answer to this? You constantly post about these things, and we've all been through it so I empathize, but how would any of us know that an officer is going to open a CSE and think to themselves "I better hustle on this app"????

You're not past the processing time, you don't have any ground to stand on here.
Maybe people can speak from experience. Thanks for the useless answer

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
You don't need to be rude. You post constantly asking questions people simply will not be able to answer.

Hopefully someone can whip out their crystal ball for you, though.
No one needs a crystal ball to state if they had movement after submitting an enquiry

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017

Hi Doug,

If I were you I would send the enquiry. Upon reading your message yesterday and thinking about what you were asking, I sent an enquiry myself and guess what? They replied today and sent PPR!! Although you are at a different stage of the game, I think it would help them check what is going on with your file and you might be as surprised as I was in getting a positive and prompt response.

Regards,

Apple

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
Hi Doug,

If I were you I would send the enquiry. Upon reading your message yesterday and thinking about what you were asking, I sent an enquiry myself and guess what? They replied today and sent PPR!! Although you are at a different stage of the game, I think it would help them check what is going on with your file and you might be as surprised as I was in getting a positive and prompt response.

Regards,

Apple
Hello, I sent the enquiry on November 15. I got a response on November 23rd saying that if I have not heard back trying using the cic website or submitting another enquiry through web form. Sent another enquiry through web form on the 26. I will wait until next Friday and perhaps send another one. This is just assuming I did it correctly.

Do you know if there is a guide for submitting a case specific enquiry?

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello, I sent the enquiry on November 15. I got a response on November 23rd saying that if I have not heard back trying using the cic website or submitting another enquiry through web form. Sent another enquiry through web form on the 26. I will wait until next Friday and perhaps send another one. This is just assuming I did it correctly.

Do you know if there is a guide for submitting a case specific enquiry?
I just used the email address of my VO and wrote them from my personal email account. Just a few sentences to get my point across. I find web form kind of confusing.

Tala20-5

Oct 21, 2017
I just used the email address of my VO and wrote them from my personal email account. Just a few sentences to get my point across. I find web form kind of confusing.
Can u plz share the content of your send e mail...am bad on writing formal letter & I want to use something similar
ReaLy will appreciate u

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Can u plz share the content of your send e mail...am bad on writing formal letter & I want to use something similar
ReaLy will appreciate u
Hi Doug!

Let me know if you received it.

***Just so you know, I left my reply for you in a private conversation I opened under your name. Cheers!

Last edited: