+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Case Analyst made a mistake or Express Entry system bug ?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Can you please explain what you mean by "withdrawn"? In IRCC-speak, you you only withdraw an application that has already been submitted. Did you submit an application? Or did you simply not "submit" after you accepted the ITA? Or did you decline after you accepted?

Not sure it matters, but the your use of "withdrawn" is throwing me, since it sounds like you did not actually submit an application.

The other thing I was going to mention - not sure if it is still true, but GCMS notes used to be quite confusing, as each update would essentially repeat the same information (with one or two changes) and it wasn't always easy to figure out what was the old and what was the newest set of notes. Hopefully it is better now, but perhaps try applying for your GCMS notes again and see if they have been updated/corrected.

I declined the application after accepting the invite and filling it half way thru when I realized I wont get the documents. Sorry for the confusion. Its not "withdrawn", it is "declined after accepting the invitation" .
I have some screenshots here of the flow. Its a dummy account I created.

Step 1: Accepted the invite

Step 2: Filled the application half way thru.

Step 3: Declined and went back to the pool again because of the documents issue.

See the two GCMS screenshots notes below done by two different agents.

The initial R10 checks - All good , he is seeing my points as 449 which is correct when I got the second ITA.

Second Notes - All messed up, this guy is checking my obsolete application, as its evident from the points he is looking at as 489 which was for the application which I declined. Why isn't he seeing my points as 449 when I got the second ITA. This is the problem which has made my application come to a stand still. Its like the second agent time travelled back or is in some parallel universe where I have 489 points. LOLS. This made me believe that there is something really wrong in IRCC system or the agents do not have enough training. I might be one in many anomalies like this.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Now the second note by "Case Analyst" says "Review required, I DO NOT SEE WORK EXPERIENCE LETTER FOR THE EMPLOYER XXXXXXX" , POINTS AT TIME OF ITA 489 CUTOFF 446, SINCE I DONT SEE WORK EXPERIENCE LETTER, POINTS REDUCED TO 439, SO CANDIDATE DO NOT SATISFY MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY

@jes_ON @Asiv adanac @legalfalcon Have you ever come across a case like this ?
OK, now I see the problem. You did not copy the note correctly. The VO did not say you were missing a work experience letter. The VO said you were missing the offer of employment, and therefore the 50 points you got for having a valid job offer were taken away.

Work experience letter and offer of employment are 2 completely different documents. Work experience letter attests to your past experience. Job offer letter is for the FUTURE , after you become a PR, it is a job offer for a minimum of one year.

Reactions: assen89

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
OK, now I see the problem. You did not copy the note correctly. The VO did not say you were missing a work experience letter. The VO said you were missing the offer of employment, and therefore the 50 points you got for having a valid job offer were taken away.

Work experience letter and offer of employment are 2 completely different documents. Work experience letter attests to your past experience. Job offer letter is for the FUTURE , after you become a PR, it is a job offer for a minimum of one year.
@jes_ON

Sorry again, its not employment letter, its the offer of employment document that I could not procure and that's why I withdrew the application. I know its all confusing, but I am pretty sure my application was reviewed wrong. Probably the way I presented it here is confusing.

Making it clear now

The application I withdrew claimed LMIA points ( 50 ) for which I could not get offer of employment.
So my points dropped from 489 - 50 = 439 which made me ineligible for a while to get ITA.
Then I improved IELTS which gave me 10 more points, so 439 + 10 = 449 and I got an invite.

In addition to that, if you see both notes, how can one review say 449 points and the other say 489 points. Isn't that itself wrong ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON

Sorry again, its not employment letter, its the offer of employment document that I could not procure and that's why I withdrew the application. I know its all confusing, but I am pretty sure my application was reviewed wrong. Probably the way I presented it here is confusing.

Making it clear now

The application I withdrew claimed LMIA points ( 50 ) for which I could not get offer of employment.
So my points dropped from 489 - 50 = 439 which made me ineligible for a while to get ITA.
Then I improved IELTS which gave me 10 more points, so 439 + 10 = 449 and I got an invite.

In addition to that, if you see both notes, how can one review say 449 points and the other say 489 points. Isn't that itself wrong ?
OK, fair enough. Now that you have your language clear, I suggest calling IRCC again. Or getting another copy of your GCMS notes. It does seem like there's something not quite right, but I suspect it will be (eventually) corrected. That won't help speed things up tho.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
OK, fair enough. Now that you have your language clear, I suggest calling IRCC again. Or getting another copy of your GCMS notes. It does seem like there's something not quite right, but I suspect it will be (eventually) corrected. That won't help speed things up tho.
I called only once for this, the customer support don't seem to understand the problem. Maybe I will get lucky with another agent who can understand the problem. But the issue is, these agents cannot do anything about it. They are just facades. I asked them in twitter, I raised CSE, no use. I get reply "Everything seems to be alright, rest assured blah blah"

This particular agent is the source of this problem: PK03896 , either this one did not have any training to use the system or he is just plain irresponsible. I am trying to find if anyone has seen PK03896 in their gcms notes and got their application screwed up by this guy.

IRCC should employ skilled agents with proper training. Who knows how many applicants are stuck or screwed up with mistakes like these ?

Prima facie, the difference in score ( 449 & 489 ) by the reviews of two different agents itself shows there is something wrong in the way the application was reviewed.

Maybe I can withdraw and apply again. But I lose the application fees and I feel its not fair to pay again for a mistake of theirs. Or they have to reject the application first, but they are not doing that, maybe they are playing the waiting game for me to withdraw because if they reject, I will go for judicial review for sure and this agent who screwed up will get some black mark or something.

Reactions: jessy87

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I called only once for this, the customer support don't seem to understand the problem.
Well... I'm not being critical, but it took you several tries to describe it correctly here, so I'm not surprised. Is it possible you didn't describe it correctly then, either? That's why I'm suggesting trying to call again.

Maybe I will get lucky with another agent who can understand the problem. But the issue is, these agents cannot do anything about it.
They CAN add a note to your file. They do not make decisions, that is true, but they can communicate to the VO.

I asked them in twitter, I raised CSE, no use. I get reply "Everything seems to be alright, rest assured blah blah" What do you expect from Twitter? And CSE - they don't respond, but your correspondence IS attached to the file.

This particular agent is the source of this problem: PK03896 , either this one did not have any training to use the system or he is just plain irresponsible. I am trying to find if anyone has seen PK03896 in their gcms notes and got their application screwed up by this guy.
Or s/he is just another overworked, underpaid, undertrained human being who occasionally makes mistakes (like most human beings), sometimes because information systems also make mistakes.

Prima facie, the difference in score ( 449 & 489 ) by the reviews of two different agents itself shows there is something wrong in the way the application was reviewed.

You are upset about GCMS notes only. Nothing BAD has yet happened to your application! I suggest you try to relax ...

Maybe I can withdraw and apply again.
That would be clearly overreacting. It is not a conspiracy against you.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I came to work in Montreal on an LMIA
work permit from an H1B in the US in the hopes of getting a PR in 2016.

My CSQ application in Québec is pending for 2 years now. Québec is a hopeless province for skilled workers who do not know French. It seems like Québec wants only asylums, illegal border crossers and unskilled tax burdens from their French colonies.

So I applied express entry and since I don't have intention of staying in Québec anymore, I didn't claim LMIA job offer points and that's why I withdrew my first application and applied the second one without LMIA. Now this SOB agent has screwed that up.

Because of this screw up of CIC. To support me , my employer applied another LMIA and CAQ which is now delayed by 2 months and next week my work permit expires. I will be on implied status with no health insurance but can work and stay legally in Canada.

This is due to incompetence of useless agents that CIC employs who should rather be flipping burgers in McD than working on applications where people's future and career are at stake.

Anyways I know nothing can be done. There is no point ranting about it in this forum. I will come back here to post updates if any.

Thank you all for those who replied.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Because of this screw up of CIC. To support me , my employer applied another LMIA and CAQ which is now delayed by 2 months and next week my work permit expires. I will be on implied status with no health insurance but can work and stay legally in Canada.

Why haven't you applied for a BOWP?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Because I am in Québec. Quebec do not have BOWP. Moreover because my application is screwed up, even if I apply BOWP, it will probably get rejected throwing me out of status and out of work with immediate effect.

So my very supporting employer spent 1000s of $$$ to apply for my LMIA work permit extension for the next 3 years. So currently I can be on implied status to work. If I leave the employer or stop working, they will forfeit a susbstaintial revenue from the AI projects that I currently work.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Because I am in Québec. Quebec do not have BOWP. Moreover because my application is screwed up, even if I apply BOWP, it will probably get rejected throwing me out of status and out of work with immediate effect.

So my very supporting employer spent 1000s of $$$ to apply for my LMIA work permit extension for the next 3 years. So currently I can be on implied status to work. If I leave the employer or stop working, they will forfeit a susbstaintial revenue from the AI projects that I currently work.
I am a victim and shining example of Québecs dysfunctional immigration department as well as CIC's unqualified agents who do not do their jobs properly.

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi Cherti, if I were u, I will move out of quebec immediately and apply for the visitor visa to stay in Canada. If you renew your closed work permit, how would you prove your intention to leave quebec? Actually you are not the only one who have been in review required for a long time, I know a guy has been in RR for nearly 8 months without any updates (I think it is longer than you). It is the same to me, I also ran into review required even though I provided a lease in Ontario and my contract is ending very soon. So now it is the time to leave quebec and get pr first. Stay away from this fraudulent immigration system.

akansha.1111

Nov 16, 2019
Withdrawing an express entry profile from an ITA is declining an invite. This means your PR application form was never electronically transmitted, nor did u pay the 550 Cad + rprf 490 Cad the first time and thereby u never had a UCI issued to you the first time when u had scores of 489.
Any application that was not electronically transmitted nor paid for will never enter or refelect into the system of the officers although you can see it in your CIC account profile.

The r10 officer just reviews if all documents reqd are in place. A completeness check.
The second officer goes thru integrities in detail . It is in here that they in detail compare and check eligibility for PR by comparing it with the PR application vs the express entry profile. The invite was given as per the contents on the express entry profile and deviations with the ee profile, PR application,and uploaded docs will cause review reqd.

What's your stream? Whats it noc ? Which country u applying from?

I agree with u that, you gotten yourself into one fine mess this time and let's hope that u get it fixed..
I had received the ITA but I did not respond to it and it got deleted and my profile got removed. Reason why I did not go ahead was because my agent had put in false work experience information and I was not okay with it so I did not file for my e APR

I now want to apply for study permit to Canada stating genuine information.
I was wondering that will the information on my Express Entry profile create any problems ?
The e APR was never submitted so technically I did not send in any application.

Please help. Thanks !