+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Carleton university Winter 2020

Raghu911

Nov 20, 2018
Hey guys,

Anyone applied /applying to Carleton university for the winter 2020.

Post your suggestions or comments or queries here. It's a great way to interact with people who are interested in the same university.

MMitha2902

May 20, 2019
Hello everyone!

I've applied to Carleton University - MCS program for winter 2020. Usually, how much time will they take to announce their decision? And what's the cut off for MCS last year(Winter 2019)? The application deadline is Sept 15, but i am told that the visa procedures will take atleast 3-4 months before the winter term begins. Thanks in advance!

padmesh

Jul 14, 2019
Hello everyone.. I have applied for MCS for winter intake.. how much time is taken for the decision?
My profile :
85.1% in 10th ICSE
95.00% in 12th
84.10% aggregate in B.E computer science
IELTS 8.0.
Also working as a product engineer trainee with 1yr work experience
please let me know my chances? I applied on 1st week of July.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone.. I have applied for MCS for winter intake.. how much time is taken for the decision?
My profile :
85.1% in 10th ICSE
95.00% in 12th
84.10% aggregate in B.E computer science
IELTS 8.0.
Also working as a product engineer trainee with 1yr work experience
please let me know my chances? I applied on 1st week of July.
You are likely looking at hearing in October. It all depends who else applies.

Reactions: padmesh

padmesh

Jul 14, 2019
Hey guys,

Post your suggestions or comments or queries here. It's a great way to interact with people who are interested in the same university.
I have applied

padmesh

Jul 14, 2019
Hey guys,

I have applied..
Hey guys,

abiravi

Jul 15, 2019
Hi All,

My admission for MSC, winter 2020 intake got rejected.
Profile : UG Computer Science Engineering - CGPA - 8.5, IELTS - 7

Reason provided:- Carleton University's admission process is highly competitive as we receive many applications from both domestic and international students.

Tejaalle

Aug 9, 2019
My admission for MSC, winter 2020 intake got rejected.
Profile : UG Computer Science Engineering - CGPA - 8.2, IELTS - 7
One year experience

Reason provided:- Carleton University's admission process is highly competitive as we receive many applications from both domestic and international students.

sandhu_17

Aug 10, 2019
Computer Science Engineering - CGPA - 8.2, IELTS - 7.5

shraddhapatel

Jan 19, 2017
Computer Science Engineering - CGPA - 8.2, IELTS - 7.5

Hi all,
My Son is thinking of taking admission in Cognitive Science in this university.

Can anyone tell me the study time of class and a student can get time to work part-time after study hour of university?

If anyone provide me with this information then I will be very thankful, as we have only two years fees, money to pay for course.

Regards
Shraddha patel

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
My Son is thinking of taking admission in Cognitive Science in this university.

Can anyone tell me the study time of class and a student can get time to work part-time after study hour of university?

If anyone provide me with this information then I will be very thankful, as we have only two years fees, money to pay for course.

Regards
Shraddha patel
Realistically it would be very hard to get good marks and work 20 hours a week. It will be a very demanding program. Won’t he need math as a prerequisite to apply for the program? Lots of comp science and neuroscience in cognitive science.

Last edited:

shraddhapatel

Jan 19, 2017
Realistically it would be very hard to get good marks and work 20 hours a week. It will be a very demanding program. Won’t he need math as a prerequisite to apply for the program? Lots of comp science and neuroscience in cognitive science.
Thank for reply
I think maths is not required for this course.

My one friend daughter is in college and she go 3 days only for study. So same time is for university study also or have to study full week? If you know this then please clarify.

Thanks
Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank for reply
I think maths is not required for this course.

My one friend daughter is in college and she go 3 days only for study. So same time is for university study also or have to study full week? If you know this then please clarify.

Thanks
Regards
University classes are much more demanding and cognitive science is a very demanding program. For every hour in class you are expected to do many hours of studying. It will be difficult but some part-time work may be possible but 20 hours will be extremely difficult. The 20 hours may be possible for the first few weeks but once assignments and exams start you can’t suddenly change your hours to be able study full-time. Every program is different. You also have to account for transportation, cooking time, food shopping time, etc. Unfortunately many international students end up on academic probation or end up being told they need to take a semester or year off because their grades are not good enough. Backlogs don’t exists in Canada. You either pass or fail the class or you repeat the whole class again the next semester. You also pay for the whole class again.