+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Carleton University - Winter 2017 intake

kartik.puri

Feb 28, 2016
Prazzwal said:
Finally got the decision, they rejected my application. Best of luck for those waiting for their decision.
Good luck for your future bro with u windsor.

Can u share ur profile and the reason of rejection they have provided. As i have also applied for MCS and status is still under preliminary review required.

yuvaran25

Oct 14, 2016
The Admissions Committee of the School of Computer Science has carefully reviewed your application for the MCS program.

Our programs are highly competitive and we only accept a small percentage (about 10%) of the total number of potential candidates. Beyond the minimum admission requirements set forth in our graduate calendar, we rank all potential applicants and only select the highest-ranking applicants until we reach our admission quota. As a result, the requirements for a successful application are set very high and space is very limited. Regretfully, the committee has established that we cannot accept you in our program.

Thank you for considering the graduate programs offered by the School of Computer Science at Carleton University. I wish you all the best in your endeavors. :'(

pkishan1990

Jul 29, 2016
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My status got changed from "Recommended for assessment" to "Review in progress by department".

Harman84

Sep 24, 2016
My status got changed from "Recommended for assessment" to "Review in progress by department". What does this mean ?
Do anyone know approximately how much time university will take to give the final decisions.

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harman84 said:
My status got changed from "Recommended for assessment" to "Review in progress by department". What does this mean ?
Do anyone know approximately how much time university will take to give the final decisions.
After "recommended for assessment", file returns back to the department before further transfer of it to "Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral affairs" for review. You status will change soon and you'll receive decision email.

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
If you guys are thinking about coming to Carleton , I'm a current student here doing my Undergraduate+Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering ( 6 year Program) . Let me know if you have any doubts regarding the university. I'm from Chennai , India.

purvakwiki

Oct 24, 2016
varunnarayan said:
If you guys are thinking about coming to Carleton , I'm a current student here doing my Undergraduate+Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering ( 6 year Program) . Let me know if you have any doubts regarding the university. I'm from Chennai , India.
I am an upcoming student for winter2017 intake. For masters of engineering in mechanical. Searching for accommodation and courses selection for the first sem. Can you help me by selecting the course as you are familiar with most of the professors?

aravindSAM

Aug 29, 2016
purvakwiki said:
I am an upcoming student for winter2017 intake. For masters of engineering in mechanical. Searching for accommodation and courses selection for the first sem. Can you help me by selecting the course as you are familiar with most of the professors?
Have you got admission in carleton?

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
Hey Guys ,
I am currently pursuing my second year out of Six here at Carleton university . In reply to a question advice, I'm already at Carleton university. I moved to Ottawa last year for my degree which is schedule to end at May 2021. Well , Your chance of getting an employment is better if you've finished both your undergrad and masters in Canada

Since of the best profs here at Carleton are:
Best:
Ronald Miller-Dean of Mechanical& Aerospace
Ian-Beausoleil-Morrison- Thermodynamics
Glen McRae - ex- Engineering Dean - Best prof
Traik kaya
Henry Sabari
Rong Liu
Jurek Sasiadek
Mojtaba Ahmadi
Mostafa- El- Sayed.
John- Hayes

The names that I've specified are professors in Mechanical and Aerospace department which the best in Carleton. Remember , If you have a B.tech , It's good to do M.Eng . If you have a B.Eng , It's good to do M.A.Sc. I would recommend finishing a thesis as it'll improve your resume.

Harman84

Sep 24, 2016
sparta909 said:
After "recommended for assessment", file returns back to the department before further transfer of it to "Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral affairs" for review. You status will change soon and you'll receive decision email.
Have you received the decision from the Carleton University? . And can you tell me, approximately in how many days I may receive the decision from the university.

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varunnarayan said:
Hey Guys ,
I am currently pursuing my second year out of Six here at Carleton university . In reply to a question advice, I'm already at Carleton university. I moved to Ottawa last year for my degree which is schedule to end at May 2021. Well , Your chance of getting an employment is better if you've finished both your undergrad and masters in Canada

Since of the best profs here at Carleton are:
Best:
Ronald Miller-Dean of Mechanical& Aerospace
Ian-Beausoleil-Morrison- Thermodynamics
Glen McRae - ex- Engineering Dean - Best prof
Traik kaya
Henry Sabari
Rong Liu
Jurek Sasiadek
Mojtaba Ahmadi
Mostafa- El- Sayed.
John- Hayes

The names that I've specified are professors in Mechanical and Aerospace department which the best in Carleton. Remember , If you have a B.tech , It's good to do M.Eng . If you have a B.Eng , It's good to do M.A.Sc. I would recommend finishing a thesis as it'll improve your resume.
Hello,

I'm planning on joining this university and am not able to estimate the expenses of the duration of my studies.

Could you suggest as to how many courses students may register for MEng and how much time it takes to complete it? I want to know this to estimate total fee of Masters program.

Also, if you could give me general idea of monthly living expenses, it would be of great help. I'm barely able to afford the fee, so what cheap options do I have while living off campus? How costly is it to share the accommodation? And how much students make by working part time?

Thank you :)

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
Well , Your monthly expenses does depend on how low your lifestyle is. In my case , I live an extremely frugal lifestyle.Me and my friend share one bedroom in a three bedroom house. I stay there one night and he stays the next. I stay at the university lab working on some stuff when it's not my turn. I save a lot of money by doing this. I also buy leftover food from MeatMarket and grocers for free which makes my monthly spending on groceries almost nil. These are just a few tips that I follow. There are a few guys that I know who stay in the university campus saving money on rent.

When it comes to part time work , There aren't a lot in Ottawa unless you're willing to do marketing and door to door selling. You could bag some great opportunities if you know the right person to talk to. Your part time work might help you with your food and rent but don't think of paying your tuition with it. The maximum I've earned this summer is 1300$ teaching at a school part time.

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
For M. Eng, It'll be a 4 semester program including thesis out 3 semester without thesis .

For M.A.Sc , It's 4 semester with Mandatory thesis and acts as a qualification for P.Eng.

Unless you have a bachelors from Canada ,I wouldn't recommend taking M.A.sc because it's extremely complicated course structure.

sparta909

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varunnarayan said:
For M. Eng, It'll be a 4 semester program including thesis out 3 semester without thesis .

For M.A.Sc , It's 4 semester with Mandatory thesis and acts as a qualification for P.Eng.

Unless you have a bachelors from Canada ,I wouldn't recommend taking M.A.sc because it's extremely complicated course structure.
Thank you so much for your detailed response! :) It's going to help a lot.

I'm amazed the way you're sustaining yourself! Don't you sleep when its not your turn? :O

And how can students stay on University campus? There is a rent for residence. Please provide some details :)

And I've heard that students work in restaurants and food outlets to make money part time. And this $1300, you made it in 4 months?! I've heard students make 800-1000 a month? I was expecting to make enough for living and not for tuition fee. And Ottawa is capital city! How can there be shortage of work?

Apart from this, what I'm not sure of is how many courses will I need to register each term? I've done B.tech. and have applied to MEng Electrical and Computer in Systems department. The fee is assessed per term irrespective of the number of courses taken. The fee is insanely high! :O Don't know how I'll manage.