+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caring for Children Pathway

KLRK

Jul 7, 2016
Hello everyone,
I'm writing with a specific question.
Me and my wife both moved to Canada on IEC visa and after a while I decided to start studies here. (2 year program). Meanwhile she has been working as a children caregiver (it will be two years in September).
I would just like to know how big are her chances to get PR in Caring for Children Pathway?
Has anyone here applied for it? Is it very likely to get PR?
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Kira14

Nov 16, 2014
Hey there!
I've just applied for pr through the caring for children pathway. If your wife meets all the requirements you guys shouldn't have a problem.

You have to -
Be working in Canada legally as a caregiver full time for 24 months or the hours equivalent to this in a shorter time.
Pass the English exam
Pass a medical exam
Have at least one year of post secondary education completed - this will have to be assessed by WES if education was completed outside of Canada.
Be able to provide all the documents required including: employment letters, police clearance from your home country etc.

You will be able to find all the details on the checklist on the CIC website. The application is pretty straight forward it just takes some time to piece everything together.
Good Luck :D

Mikkoden

Dec 31, 2016
Hey there!
I've just applied for pr through the caring for children pathway. If your wife meets all the requirements you guys shouldn't have a problem.

You have to -
Be working in Canada legally as a caregiver full time for 24 months or the hours equivalent to this in a shorter time.
Pass the English exam
Pass a medical exam
Have at least one year of post secondary education completed - this will have to be assessed by WES if education was completed outside of Canada.
Be able to provide all the documents required including: employment letters, police clearance from your home country etc.

You will be able to find all the details on the checklist on the CIC website. The application is pretty straight forward it just takes some time to piece everything together.
Hi. May I know the update/time line of your application? Thanks

mdacab

Mar 1, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and is also in the beginning months of working as a child caregiver. I would like to ask for your opinion or experience regarding my case.

I graduated nursing in the Philippines last 2015 (note: I don't have any work experience prior to my move in Canada) then came here in Canada in 2017 as an international student. I took Gerontology nursing (basically branch of nursing that caters with the elderly population) for 1 year and received my post graduate work permit last November 2017. Now, I started working as a child caregiver since January and my employer will be giving me LMIA work permit after my PGWP expires in November 2018. So my question is, in the future, let's say when I apply for PR, will I be eligible for caring for children pathway (I know they said it's closing but still hoping that they will open it again after the review of the pathway)? I'm worried because I don't really have an experience as a childcare provider but as part of my nursing background, I did complete trainings for taking care of children and basically all lifespan. Also, since I entered Canada as a student and studied a specific branch of Nursing (which is care for the elderly) I'm afraid that it might cause a problem when I apply for PR in the future.

I hope you can give me a piece of advice regarding this. Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and is also in the beginning months of working as a child caregiver. I would like to ask for your opinion or experience regarding my case.

I graduated nursing in the Philippines last 2015 (note: I don't have any work experience prior to my move in Canada) then came here in Canada in 2017 as an international student. I took Gerontology nursing (basically branch of nursing that caters with the elderly population) for 1 year and received my post graduate work permit last November 2017. Now, I started working as a child caregiver since January and my employer will be giving me LMIA work permit after my PGWP expires in November 2018. So my question is, in the future, let's say when I apply for PR, will I be eligible for caring for children pathway (I know they said it's closing but still hoping that they will open it again after the review of the pathway)? I'm worried because I don't really have an experience as a childcare provider but as part of my nursing background, I did complete trainings for taking care of children and basically all lifespan. Also, since I entered Canada as a student and studied a specific branch of Nursing (which is care for the elderly) I'm afraid that it might cause a problem when I apply for PR in the future.

I hope you can give me a piece of advice regarding this. Thanks!
1. No one can really guess, as you won't have 2 years employment under the program when it ends in November/2019. So you wouldn't be eligible.

"We are reviewing the Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pilot programs to determine how caregivers will apply for permanent residence after the pilots expire on November 29, 2019. We will announce the details well before the pilots expire.

These 5-year pilot programs are scheduled to expire on November 29, 2019. To be eligible to apply for them, you will need to have two years of full-time work experience as a caregiver and submit your application before that date."

LDRnoMore

Sep 5, 2018
Hey there!

You have to -
Pass the English exam
Pass a medical exam

"Police clearance" did they ask her to submit the document, i mean did they sent her email or any that she really needs to submit it? because i will be applying soon too and the police clearance seems will delay my processing for i still need to take it from Singapore and Philippines.