+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver position under Low-skilled worker program.

karyl

Apr 21, 2010
hi. im currently under the low-skilled worker program and is now waiting for my LMO for the live-in caregiver program. once I get my LMO, i plan to resign from my present employer right away then drive to Montana to get a new work permit under the LCP.

i called CIC and they said that as long as im not in the program and my other work permit is still valid, i can work for both employers. i suddenly decided to not apply under the LCP, rather remain under the Federal skilled program. how is this possible? has anyone experienced this?

i know the advantage of being a permanent resident when you have worked as a live-in caregiver. however, being the breadwinner of my family, my rate as a caregiver will not be enough so im planning to have a double job instead.

i hope someone can make things clear for me before i make a wrong decision. thanks!

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
karyl said:
hi. im currently under the low-skilled worker program and is now waiting for my LMO for the live-in caregiver program. once I get my LMO, i plan to resign from my present employer right away then drive to Montana to get a new work permit under the LCP.

i called CIC and they said that as long as im not in the program and my other work permit is still valid, i can work for both employers. i suddenly decided to not apply under the LCP, rather remain under the Federal skilled program. how is this possible? has anyone experienced this?

i know the advantage of being a permanent resident when you have worked as a live-in caregiver. however, being the breadwinner of my family, my rate as a caregiver will not be enough so im planning to have a double job instead.

i hope someone can make things clear for me before i make a wrong decision. thanks!

low skilled worker needs to go back home after 4 years working here and then 4 years not allowed to go back,and they're the one who cannot apply for permanent residence right?money wise yeah you will be good for another 4 years but after 4 years what will happen?unlike if you're going to apply under LCP,few years of sacrifice and then you can apply for PR and can work for how many jobs that you want and you can bring your family here..just saying my thoughts..hope you will decide for the best.