Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Hello! I am planning to apply under the January 2024 cap for the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilot and have a few questions, I would highly appreciate if someone could guide me here and answer my questions.

Q1 - I am in a position where I need both a Home Child Care Provider and a Home Support Worker for my kids and my elderly parents. Need to decide which path to take. OR can I sponsor my sister for both? Or 2 different relatives one for child care and the other for a home support worker?

Q2 - I assume I can only sponsor 1 person for 1 occupation, if I sponsor my sister for Home Support Worker Pilot to take care of my elderly parents, would my parents be the employer or can I be the employer? Considering my parent don’t work, they are PR but the my father has a disability status and my mother is on some mental health medications and they would not meet the employer requirements if they have to be an employer.

Q3 – Or if I sponsor my sister as Home Child Care Provider, would having parents at home would be an issue? Even though they can’t take care of the child due to their disabilities.

Q4 - Once the support worker is in Canada and I have to pay the salary, assuming I have put $17 an hour as salary, can I reduce the salary amount to $14 or $12 an hour if I am providing food and accommodation and other services to the sponsored support worker? Or what’s the other way to deduct the accommodation? I was thinking reduction in salary to minimize the tax impact. Also, salary has to be electronically transferred to the worker’s account or can it be cash?

Q5 - To register the payroll account do I just register one using the Domestic Worker Employer category? And that gives me a Business Number and use that Business Number to open a Payroll Deduction account? Is that correct?

Q6 – The requirement for employers in this pilot is that it must be a Family not a Business, but we are getting a Business Number, would that make us a Business? would that be ok with IRCC?

Q7 - Do I need to open a separate special bank account for Payroll purposes? If yes, what kind?

Thank you!
Being an employer, you need to be careful whom you are going to provide job offer to a person. It is 1 - 2 years long process and after landing , your employee can ditch you and never show up at your house. Happened to me this month. Only advice I get is that fill a webform for CBSA and mark your complain. CBSA and IRCC share the data. My 3 years of wait got wasted.

goingforward

Jun 10, 2020
Hi, my sister applied for the Home Care Support Services Homecare SupportWorker Pilot: Gaining Experience category. She is the principal applicant and her hubby and kids are also coming. as dependents. Will she need to apply for study and work permits outside of the PR portal? She only submitted it in the PR portal. I just want to be sure she is doing things correctly.

Richqueen

Mar 4, 2024
Am Mavis from Ghana and health care assistance as a profession I will like to relocate to Canada under this Caregiver Pilot program with Visa Sponsorship, please any assistance or a link to Visa Sponsorship Employers in Canada

Chique

Feb 1, 2024
macau
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
n/a
NOC Code......
n/a
Job Offer........
Yes
hello any news on caregiver new rules?