+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver on visit visa wishes to obtain a work permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applications submitted from 2021 and 2022 are seeing processing times for the OROWP of 10-14 months.
That is not for everyone and processing times are still listed as 36 months. OP has bigger issues as she is working illegally in Canada. And showing how she will support herself until PR. Plus she still needs a job and needs to meet HCCP requirements.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not mine; posting from Telegram: HCCP Jan 1, 2022
Online, DIY, In-Canada with 3 Dependents
May 31, 2022- PAOR, Biometric for me and my Husband
June 3, 2022 - Biometrics done
June 6, 2022 - Biometric Husband
July 5, 2022 - ADR
Oct. 2, 2022 - Medical for me and my dependents, Eligibility, pre-arrival
Oct. 6, 2022 - Medical done
Oct. 12, 2022 - Applied for BOWP
Oct. 18 - Medical passed
Oct. 23 - PPR (dependents)
Oct. 25 - BOWP approved
Dec. 30 - PR Approved
Jan. 4 - photo for PR card uploaded
Jan. 25 - ECOPR
Feb. 27 - PR card received by mail

Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. - Mark 11:24
Congratulations but what does this have to do with the original question - 50 year old woman working illegally in Canada and wants to immigrate as a caregiver with no job offer, expired LMIA, no ECA or IELTS. Don’t hijack a thread. Answer the OP’s questions about what to do. You suggested IEC but have not read all the posts in thread.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. - Mark 11:24
Here's the part that isn't covered in your quote....she's too old.

"
Who can participate in International Experience Canada?
Normally, you must be a Canadian or foreign youth aged 18 to 35. For some countries, the age limit is 18 to 29 or 30 years old."

Reactions: Soumeya siyad djama

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Congratulations but what does this have to do with the original question - 50 year old woman working illegally in Canada and wants to immigrate as a caregiver with no job offer, expired LMIA, no ECA or IELTS. Don’t hijack a thread. Answer the OP’s questions about what to do. You suggested IEC but have not read all the posts in thread.
It is for people to understand current processing times. Your post is only relevant for me to pin mine to.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It is for people to understand current processing times. Your post is only relevant for me to pin mine to.
You are posting about one person (assume you know the person personally and know the details of their file to understand the quick approval), and not even helping on the original question. If you don’t know the person or details about their file then I stand by current IRCC processing times of 36 months. This OP is year’s away from PR and has bigger issues. Respond to the OP’s questions - what are your suggestions?

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
You are posting about one person (assume you know the person personally and know the details of their file to understand the quick approval), and not even helping on the original question. If you don’t know the person or details about their file then I stand by current IRCC processing times of 36 months. This OP is year’s away from PR and has bigger issues. Respond to the OP’s questions - what are your suggestions?
Get on Telegram to see the new processing times for those applying in 2022 and later. If you're a 2021 and 2022 applicant, sure; 36+ months.
Also, I can be incoherent if I want to. It can encourage others to look into other programs that subsequently read this.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Get on Telegram to see the new processing times for those applying in 2022 and later. If you're a 2021 and 2022 applicant, sure; 36+ months.
Also, I can be incoherent if I want to. It can encourage others to look into other programs that subsequently read this.
Just answer the OP’s question and offer suggestions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Humble yourself. You're embarrassing yourself.
It is not helpful to post incorrect information. Everyone is free to post but please do your research so you are providing correct information. For example IEC is not an appropriate suggestion for someone in their 50s. IEC is a program for young adults that allows people to work for 1-2 years in another country. Only certain countries participate and the requirements vary by country. In general it allows young people to work and travel abroad for 1-2 years.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Applications submitted from 2021 and 2022 are seeing processing times for the OROWP of 10-14 months.
So you are suggesting OP to apply and get refused in 10 -14 months?
The person who wants to get a work permit is over 50 years old and had been working illegally as a care giver in Canada.
I have never heard of IEC available for care givers.